Western Animation Vs Anime

Western Animation Vs Anime

Suggested by orber

Perhaps one of the biggest universe battles of all time. For this match, we are using all characters from all Japanese Anime against all characters from “Western” companies such as Marvel, DC Comics, etc.

Let’s get ready to rumble!

Which side wins?

Related Posts:

Read before commenting! We welcome constructive comments and allow any that meet our common sense criteria. This means being respectful and polite to others. It means providing helpful information that contributes to a story or discussion. It means leaving links only that substantially add further to a discussion.

Comments being disrespectful to others or otherwise violating what we believe are common sense standards of discussion can lead to the banhammer getting used. You can read more about our comments policy here.

1 4 5 6 7 8 18

1,781 Comments on "Western Animation Vs Anime"

1. Zolanius March 21, 2012 at 8:45 pm -      #501

That pic… Can’t tell if those are stares of hatred, or lust…

2. Hermit March 21, 2012 at 8:46 pm -      #502

@ Ruliya
    And why would CN srround the Z Girls?

3. tau43 March 21, 2012 at 8:49 pm -      #503

I’m curious, who is winning here? My money is on The West, but I may be wrong.

4. Ruliya March 21, 2012 at 8:50 pm -      #504

@ Hermit
    I dunno it was just a random picture I found once xD. They look like they’re ready to rip into them xD Even the original PPG are there.

5. StealthRanger March 21, 2012 at 9:06 pm -      #505

You’re butthurt because Hulk beat Kratos aren’t you?

6. tau43 March 21, 2012 at 9:08 pm -      #506

So the West is winning?

7. fallstar thief March 21, 2012 at 9:08 pm -      #507

““we both know hulk would get weaker and weaker with every time ma-ti said “heart”””
    he says heart hulk punches him in the face, he dies, it no longer matters

8. DReager1 March 21, 2012 at 9:10 pm -      #508

9. tau43 March 21, 2012 at 9:11 pm -      #509

“@Tau I’d say Anime wins this one. We’ve got Goku and Gurren Lagann and Bass EXE!”
    -Anime has something over the Celestials, Lantern Corps, and The One Above All

10. StealthRanger March 21, 2012 at 9:12 pm -      #510

Great, now this is going to become video games vs anime all over again

Why do you guys give this match attention that it doesn’t deserve?

11. fallstar thief March 21, 2012 at 9:13 pm -      #511

“The One Above All””Celestials,”

12. tau43 March 21, 2012 at 9:13 pm -      #512

“Why do you guys give this match attention that it doesn’t deserve?”
    -I thought it was a good match.

13. StealthRanger March 21, 2012 at 9:14 pm -      #513

Offtopic but anybody else think Asura vs Kratos should be posted for major lulz?

14. tau43 March 21, 2012 at 9:15 pm -      #514

““The One Above All””Celestials,”
    just curious but when were these animated? i dont ever recall seeing them animated”
    -The Match Description says DC Comics.
    -And somewhere along the lines almost everything by Jack Kirby was animated.

15. DReager1 March 21, 2012 at 9:16 pm -      #515

@Tau The comics part is just a figure of speech!

@Stealth NO. We’ve had enough stomp matches!

16. tau43 March 21, 2012 at 9:18 pm -      #516

“@Tau The comics part is just a figure of speech!”
    -You…Getting on to me…for taking thing literally.

17. DReager1 March 21, 2012 at 9:19 pm -      #517

@Tau I’m a realist :D

18. Hermit March 21, 2012 at 9:19 pm -      #518

@ Reager
    Since it’s useless to try and convince you otherwise, I’ll let gendrons handle this.

19. fallstar thief March 21, 2012 at 9:20 pm -      #519

“companies such as Marvel, DC Comics, etc.”
    i think it just means it includes all animation by them.
    maybe orber can clarify.

20. fallstar thief March 21, 2012 at 9:20 pm -      #520

“@Stealth NO. We’ve had enough stomp matches!”
    wow 4 once i agree with the idiot……

21. tau43 March 21, 2012 at 9:24 pm -      #521

““companies such as Marvel, DC Comics, etc.”
    i think it just means it includes all animation by them.
    maybe orber can clarify.”
    -Well they animated most of their stuff.

22. Ruliya March 21, 2012 at 9:24 pm -      #522

“@Stealth NO. We’ve had enough stomp matches!”
    wow 4 once i agree with the idiot……

The problem here is, he’s so convinced that the “Stomp” goes to the wrong character(i.e Bass “stomping DS) >.< that he's actually "wrong".

I think I may have to side with the West at this point though.

23. jackn8r March 21, 2012 at 9:25 pm -      #523

“The comics part is just a figure of speech!”

Are you serious? It said “such as……” that isn’t a figure of speech, its giving examples that may or may not be included…. which they are.

So Dreager, I’ve changed my guess of your age to 10 to 11 am i right?

24. Hermit March 21, 2012 at 9:30 pm -      #524

Oh, and on my Woody example, the main part of the show is being shown on a projector activated by Woody.

Not only is Woody breaking the fourth wall, be broke it and never returned.

Duck Amuck: Western Animation wins.

25. StealthRanger March 21, 2012 at 9:31 pm -      #525

“So Dreager, I’ve changed my guess of your age to 10 to 11 am i right?”

Im guessing hes 8

26. tau43 March 21, 2012 at 9:33 pm -      #526

Hermit’s right. Buggs Bunny is the animator. so he’s technically “God” to the Animations.

27. fallstar thief March 21, 2012 at 9:34 pm -      #527

““So Dreager, I’ve changed my guess of your age to 10 to 11 am i right?”

Im guessing hes 8″
    i think hes 14 guessing by his behavior
    intelegance of an eight year old sure

28. StealthRanger March 21, 2012 at 9:36 pm -      #528

Asura vs Kratos anyone?

29. Hermit March 21, 2012 at 9:38 pm -      #529

If the video stops suddenly, here’s another one.

30. tau43 March 21, 2012 at 9:39 pm -      #530

“Asura vs Kratos anyone?”

31. jackn8r March 21, 2012 at 9:40 pm -      #531

“i think hes 14 guessing by his behavior
    intelegance of an eight year old sure”

Nah, I wouldn’t go that high. Definitely elementary school.

32. StealthRanger March 21, 2012 at 9:43 pm -      #532

“No more stomps man. Asura survived orbital Reentry. And killed a gigantic space person by beating up his finger.”

Oh well, it would have been funny to see what pathetic excuses mrgendrons and hellboy could come up with to ‘defend’ Kratos *snicker*

33. Hermit March 21, 2012 at 9:50 pm -      #533

@ tau
    Not so fast, Elmer did the same to Bugs in another short, though Bugs was aware of him and was more successful in getting away from Elmer than Daffy is to Bugs.

34. tau43 March 21, 2012 at 9:56 pm -      #534

@Hermit
    I know, and it just proves a point. So many animation gods. From one series too.

35. Hermit March 21, 2012 at 10:47 pm -      #535

Quote from Diana why Anime wins.
    “Japan sparked the Hentai which the Western animation can’t rival.”

I’ve been reading the first posts….no omnipotents.

36. Hermit March 21, 2012 at 10:57 pm -      #536

I have this inkling feeling that when someone tries to blink the Road Runner out of existence, they’re the ones that will cease to exist. (Going by Wile blasting a bridge and instead the supports fall off instead of the bridge where RR is standing)

Plus Wile can simply order virtually anything from ACME.

37. mrgendrons 2.0 March 21, 2012 at 10:58 pm -      #537

@Hermit
    yeah toon force is awesome huh? same can be said about droopy. :roll:

38. Zolanius March 21, 2012 at 11:00 pm -      #538

Don’t forget that everything from ACME breaks or backfires.

39. Hermit March 21, 2012 at 11:03 pm -      #539

@ Zolainus
    When used by Wile.

40. mrgendrons 2.0 March 21, 2012 at 11:05 pm -      #540

@StealthRanger
    kratos vs asura? meh sure why not :roll:
    ——
    you pay though :wink: that is if you want it up.
    ——-
    on another note i belive i’ve found a break through for the bulldog vs death-star debate :evil:

41. mrgendrons 2.0 March 21, 2012 at 11:07 pm -      #541

@Hermit
    yeah come to think of it isn’t Wiley coyote pretty much unkillable? heck hes almost as niegh invulnerable as the tick….wait is the tick on western animations side?

42. Zolanius March 21, 2012 at 11:08 pm -      #542

How could we forget about the Tick? Or Freakazoid!!!!

43. Ruliya March 21, 2012 at 11:08 pm -      #543

There was a The Tick cartoon in the 90’s I think, so I’d say so. Pretty sure it was American.

44. Commander Cross March 21, 2012 at 11:12 pm -      #544

Like I said before, I’d insist on the Potter-world vs the .hack universe, but I fear that insisting on it too much runs the risk of it being mismanaged!
    I don’t wanna see THAT MATCH get frakked up! :cry:

45. mrgendrons 2.0 March 21, 2012 at 11:13 pm -      #545

@Ruliya
    yeah iirc the tick once tanked a black hole :shock: is their any thing the anime side has to kill the tick? also futurama by MASSIVE speed blitz theinfosphere.org/Speed_of_light
    &
    theinfosphere.org/The_Farnsworth_Parabox
    futurama.wikia.com/wiki/What-If_Machine
    ——-
    ^yeah futurama FTW

46. mrgendrons 2.0 March 21, 2012 at 11:14 pm -      #546

@Zolanius
    exactly :wink:

47. fallstar thief March 21, 2012 at 11:17 pm -      #547

the tick is killed by ryougi shikis mystic eyes of death perception
    typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Eyes_of_Death_Perception

48. Hermit March 21, 2012 at 11:18 pm -      #548

Wha-! Fu-! Hec-!

Not Droopy!
    That dog’s harder to kill than even the Looney Tunes!
    Blink him out of existence and he’ll be right behing you the moment you turn your back.
    Put him in a barrel and toss him into space and he’ll be right behind you the moment you turn your back.
    Launch a nuke at him and he’ll be right behind you the moment you turn your back
    Kill him with your bare hands and…yeah.

His immortality has driven people insane. No, really.

49. Zolanius March 21, 2012 at 11:19 pm -      #549

Oh! Oh! .hack// versus Reboot!

Please tell me somebody remembers Reboot…

50. Commander Cross March 21, 2012 at 11:21 pm -      #550

@Zol

I barely recall Reboot.
    My point on the Potter-world vs .hack universe still stands, pretty much, however, but for an introductionary vs fight, that’s actually not too shabby!

Of course you got the Potter-world, Camp Half-Blood and the .hack universe all against The Butcher Side, which has the Dresden Files + Codex Alera, in fact.

51. Broadwine March 21, 2012 at 11:23 pm -      #551

Western Animation wins because we have Waldo. Nobody can find Waldo…

52. mrgendrons 2.0 March 21, 2012 at 11:23 pm -      #552

@fallstar thief
    the tick is neigh invulnerable it’ll hurt but he’ll be fine. plus thoese eyes will do jack sh*t against droops you can’t even erase him out of exsitance.
    ——-
    @Hermit hell yeah i went their droopy :evil:
    ——
    @Zolanius I HATE how it ended on a huge cliffhanger :mad: but i liked the “game” segments :)

53. Hermit March 21, 2012 at 11:23 pm -      #553

@ Commander
    Take that somewhere else.

54. mrgendrons 2.0 March 21, 2012 at 11:24 pm -      #554

@Broadwine
    waldo vs carmen sandiego in a game of hide and seek….Muhaha!

55. mrgendrons 2.0 March 21, 2012 at 11:25 pm -      #555

@fallstar thief
    plus you didn’t debunk thoughs futurama arguments.

56. fallstar thief March 21, 2012 at 11:31 pm -      #556

“the tick is neigh invulnerable it’ll hurt but he’ll be fine”
    no havivng a dot pierced will kill him he can be invulnueable all he wants durability couts for shit as its not actualy him being pierced.
    never said anything about droops.
    as for futurama the machine that makes the boxs makes them at random it could take a lifetime for animes to come out

57. Hermit March 21, 2012 at 11:33 pm -      #557

Droopy. The End.

58. mrgendrons 2.0 March 21, 2012 at 11:36 pm -      #558

@fallstar thief
    droopy /thread
    —-
    THEIR IS NO FURTHER DISCUSSION.

59. Sauroposeidon March 21, 2012 at 11:51 pm -      #559

60. Hermit March 21, 2012 at 11:57 pm -      #560

Sorry Sauro, but this is one of those thread where I have knowledge of the fighters, I don’t know about the others though.

61. fallstar thief March 22, 2012 at 12:11 am -      #561

whats wrong with this match?

62. StealthRanger March 22, 2012 at 2:30 am -      #562

“…I can’t believe you guys are pushing this. It gets constant attention. Before you know it this retarded assed match will be in the top 10 too. It’s like the site is populated by 13 year olds these days.”

My thoughts exactly

And now that mrgendrons and DReager have found this debate…

63. Commander Cross March 22, 2012 at 2:49 am -      #563

@S.R

Tartarus on Earth, or at least factpile?

64. Hermit March 22, 2012 at 9:53 am -      #564

@ Stealth
    I hope orber and I are exempted from this.

65. Lightning March 22, 2012 at 9:58 am -      #565

I didn’t bump the thread. Lol. So I know I’m exempted.

66. Messmaker March 22, 2012 at 10:11 am -      #566

Western wins because we have Harry Dresden.
    he pulls off Darkhallow, becomes a new god, becomes worshiped by rest of world, becomes even more powerful. thats a downward spiral for you guys.

67. orber March 22, 2012 at 12:23 pm -      #567

*maybe orber can clarify.*
    I meant western animation AND comics in general.DC and Marvel where just a example.And with the anime side I mean every anime and manga that you can think of.

*I’ve been reading the first posts….no omnipotents.*
    I proberly meant to say that we seperate omnipotents from the non omnipotents.

ANd I won’t post in this for a while, got a wild weekend ahead of me so I don’t have the time.

68. StealthRanger March 22, 2012 at 5:05 pm -      #568

“I hope orber and I are exempted from this.”

Don’t worry you guys and tau are exempted from it

Eventually it will just become gendrons and DReager flinging shit at eachother

69. DReager1 March 22, 2012 at 5:07 pm -      #569

Did I hear a vague Goku reference? Welp either way Anime pwns.

Thanks for summoning me Stealth ;)

70. DReager1 March 22, 2012 at 5:08 pm -      #570

@Orber You meant the comics too O: Why not have made the title West Media vs Japanese Media then? Or American Media vs Japanese Media? Also that means we’re also counting Godzilla! Since he got a manga. And as we all know Godzilla stomps hard!

71. mrgendrons 2.0 March 22, 2012 at 5:31 pm -      #571

guys droopy solos since he orginated on western animation
    —–
    @DReager1
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droopy
    ——
    ^it states droopy made a cameo in dragon ball, can you calarify? if you can you might have an actual shot with dc vs dbz verse though not by goku :roll:

72. DReager1 March 22, 2012 at 5:33 pm -      #572

@Gendrons Later I can look for a pic, but either way Bass EXE and Goku solo!

73. fallstar thief March 22, 2012 at 5:34 pm -      #573

what exactly does droopy do? how will he kill any one on team2?

74. mrgendrons 2.0 March 22, 2012 at 5:35 pm -      #574

@DReager1
    droopy is unkillable buddy hes invincible, and omnipresent NOTHING can stop him. if you find that pic or proof you could beat dc comics.

75. DReager1 March 22, 2012 at 5:35 pm -      #575

*Bass EXE doesn’t count so forget that*

76. mrgendrons 2.0 March 22, 2012 at 5:37 pm -      #576

@fallstar thief
    he out toonforced buggs bunny,is 110% invincible and immortal plus is fully omnipresent. hes hard to piss off but if you do….your doomed.

77. fallstar thief March 22, 2012 at 5:37 pm -      #577

how is he invincible?
    even if he is what combat feets does he got.

78. mrgendrons 2.0 March 22, 2012 at 5:41 pm -      #578

@fallstar thief
    he got pissed at a bull and iirc kicked him across the horizon. buggs bunny fails to kill him,he usually drives his enemies get driven insane. hes quite a threat actually.

79. fallstar thief March 22, 2012 at 5:41 pm -      #579

correct me if im wrong but dosnt toon force only work in a comidic way?
    if so anime asks the holy grail(fate/) to remove droopys ability to be funny

80. MrTBSC March 22, 2012 at 5:41 pm -      #580

ok can someone give me a equal to the “one above all” (not the celestial one)from marvel for the anime site? … or thanos with the IG if it has to be then how bout Galactus with the IG and accses to the hyperspace to feed … and that’s only a scratch of what i know from marvel … heck don’t even want to know what maniacstuff DC has to offer O_o …

81. mrgendrons 2.0 March 22, 2012 at 5:49 pm -      #581

@fallstar thief
    hed appear cause his running gag is that hes invincible :cool:

82. mrgendrons 2.0 March 22, 2012 at 7:32 pm -      #582

then its settled via droopy western animation wins.

83. DReager1 March 22, 2012 at 7:58 pm -      #583

No, Goku solos this match….haven’t we been through this?

84. Hermit March 23, 2012 at 6:16 am -      #584

@ orber
    Happy weekend!

And manga are not allowed, or else the Western side will be getting comics as well.

Hint: they say that Marvel is the most powerful universe out there.

No, this must be strictly between animated shows versus animated shows.

@ Reager
    Goku will go insane if he goes up against Droopy.
    You cannot get rid of that dog, you can kill him as many times as you want, kill him while he is still a soul, wipe him off the face of the universe, make him completely cease to exist, he WILL be right behind you the moment you turn your back.

I’m serious about Goku going insane. No, really.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiCnpzQ1Tew

85. DReager1 March 23, 2012 at 11:14 am -      #585

@Hermit Well how I see it, Goku doesn’t even need to destroy Droopy. How I see it, Droopy can try two things, but both won’t work.

First he may try to trip Goku during an intense fight with, say Captain Atom, but Goku’s aura wouldn’t let Droopy near.

Droopy’s other chance is jumping in front of a Kamehameha since he knows he can’t die. Thing is, the Kamehameha would just keep going through him. So I’d say Goku’s got this.

Also Goku would just embrace the craziness!

86. Hermit March 23, 2012 at 11:25 am -      #586

@ Reager
    I’m not convinced.

Why would Goku’s aura not let Droopy near?

And if the Kameha is simply going to go through him he’s not going to be hit, and therefore would remain unscathed.
    So how did Goku win when he didn’t even do anything?

Goku would embrace the craziness, and attack everything.
    Guess who’s standing closer to him? My guess would be his allies.

87. DReager1 March 23, 2012 at 11:31 am -      #587

@Hermit Goku’s aura pushes things away while protecting him. It’s why everytime he powers up ordinary humans are pushed back. Some (Hercule) are pushed extremely far away. Droopy may be invincible, but he’s not powerful. He wouldn’t be able to get near Goku.

Well I didn’t say Goku beats him with that. Droopy would be hit, but you said that if he dies he comes back again right? Well while he’s dead for a sec, the beam keeps going and hits whoever Goku was fighting. After DC is taken out. Goku takes Droopy out. Because even is his body is able to keep coming back, the spirit loses it’s will after being destroyed too often. Because if Droopy knows he’ll just keep dying for all of eternity, he just won’t bother to come back.

By embrace it, I didn’t mean Goku would turn crazy. He’d just find Droopy funny, instead of crazy. I mean, he does live in a pretty crazy world after all

88. Hermit March 23, 2012 at 11:49 am -      #588

“spirit loses it’s will after being destroyed too often.”

“the beam keeps going and hits whoever Goku was fighting”

Goes into a portal and teleports back to Goku, sucked into Antimatter Rift.

89. Zolanius March 23, 2012 at 11:49 am -      #589

Taz(manian Devil) could probably eat a kamehameha wave. But that’s just for the sake of comedy.

90. DReager1 March 23, 2012 at 11:49 am -      #590

“Dude, wrong thread. You might be looking for Daleks vs DBZ, that’s the one NZ made.”

Whoops, never mind

“…Huh? I don’t get it. How did those numbers end up with a reality buster? Give us some proof man.
    A single page that shows Goku can do that will really turn this match, but until then, DC wins by virtue of Anti-Saiyan Spray.”

One mistake SSJ is 50X not 100X. My bad. Well think about it for a sec. SSJ2 Goku can blow up a solar system. SSJ3 blows up 4 of those. Base GT blows up 4. SSJGT blows up 200. SSJ2GT blows up 400. SSJ3 blows up 1600. SSJ4 has no set power multiplier, but SSJ3 Goku couldn’t even land any damage on Baby, while SSJ4 was way too powerful for Baby. We’ll say it’s 2-3 time sstronger. So at least 3200-4800 solar systems. Soooooo, Goku solos.

Not to mention that even though SSJ2 is supposed to be 2X SSJ that was proved wrong. when Goku was in FPSSJ (Even better than SSJ) Cell was able to pwn at 50% power. At 100% he couldn’t do Anything at all against SSJ2 Gohan. So most likely it’s about 4X stronger than SSJ

91. DReager1 March 23, 2012 at 11:50 am -      #591

Ignore last post.

92. DReager1 March 23, 2012 at 11:52 am -      #592

“Only in DBZ. I don’t even think cartoons like Droopy have Spirit. Souls perhaps, but we can’t guarantee that.”

Either way Droopy wouldn’t want to keep dying for all eternity. He’d throw in the towel.

“Goes into a portal and teleports back to Goku, sucked into Antimatter Rift.”

On second thought, my last big post went here by mistake, but the numbers still help prove that Goku solos!

93. DReager1 March 23, 2012 at 11:52 am -      #593

@Zolanius If he tries to eat it, he’ll blow up and probably die :(

94. Zolanius March 23, 2012 at 11:53 am -      #594

The Tazmanian Devil could probably eat a kamehameha wave. But that’s just for the sake of comedy. And Droopy DOES have spirit because he’s always happy. Yes, that is his happy face. XD

95. Hermit March 23, 2012 at 11:59 am -      #595

“Then Goku wills it to go back at the opponent. You know he can control it with his hand right?”

Which will be portalized again.

“@Zolanius If he tries to eat it, he’ll blow up and probably die ”

Then Bugs draws him back.

96. DReager1 March 23, 2012 at 12:00 pm -      #596

“Which will be portalized again.”

And then redirected again!

“Then Bugs draws him back.”

Then Goku destroys him again!

97. Hermit March 23, 2012 at 12:01 pm -      #597

“And then redirected again!”

And this will go on and on and on and on…

“Then Goku destroys him again!”

He can’t. He’s focused on redirecting that energy ball of his.

98. Hermit March 23, 2012 at 12:02 pm -      #598

next.

99. DReager1 March 23, 2012 at 12:04 pm -      #599

“And this will go on and on and on and on…”

Until The West gives up when they see the rest of the anime characters pwning :D

“He can’t. He’s focused on redirecting that energy ball of his.”

Course he can. Doing two things at once is easy for him!

100. mrgendrons 2.0 March 23, 2012 at 3:06 pm -      #600

@DReager1 you would have to destroy all of the other side to win am i correct? droopy WILL be the last one standing no questions asked.. all of the amine side will die horribly either via unaterual death or old age :wink:

1 4 5 6 7 8 18

Leave A Response

You must be logged in to post a comment.