Link vs Kratos

Link vs Kratos

Start your engines. As the start of the swordfighter series, we wanted to match a classic gaming hero versus a newer character.

As with most battles, will the hero element win out? Or can awesome power trump the willpower of the common hero?

Link

• Physically powerful
  • Nimble
  • Ability to use Magic
  • Skilled at using many weapons
  • Bearer of the Master Sword

Kratos

• Unforgiving
  • More ruthless than Ares
  • No Remorse, No Repent
  • Badass
  • Wields Chain Blade Swords

Link doesn’t stand a chance in just about any sitch here. While Legend of Zelda and all the other games in the series have introduced elements of great achievements for Link, Kratos is just too brutal and relentless – what do you think?

Related Posts:

Read before commenting! We welcome constructive comments and allow any that meet our common sense criteria. This means being respectful and polite to others. It means providing helpful information that contributes to a story or discussion. It means leaving links only that substantially add further to a discussion.

Comments being disrespectful to others or otherwise violating what we believe are common sense standards of discussion can lead to the banhammer getting used. You can read more about our comments policy here.

297 Comments on "Link vs Kratos"

1. Dryn March 9, 2011 at 5:28 pm -      #201

There isn’t going to be a rematch. If Link has the Magic Cape and Chateau Milk, then there isn’t anything Kratos can do. Is he capable of seeing different spectrums? If not, then Kratos isn’t going to be striking Link. I’d say that ALttP incarnation alone can take down Kratos. His only problem would be magic consumption.

I agree with The Reality Effect on several points, but even then, I still see Link winning this match. A rematch is pointless. I’ll admit that Kratos could take down certain incarnations, but those are usually the lesser versions.

2. Negative Zero March 9, 2011 at 5:28 pm -      #202

“Oh, and people need to stop d*** riding the Fierce Deity mask. It’s not special. FD hasn’t shown anything impressive, other than firing beams out of his sword, something Link can already do. Big whoop!”

“On a side note, the whole turning Kratos into some slime is silly. It may work on lesser enemies, but the last time I checked, Kratos wasn’t a lesser enemy.”

“When’s the rematch for this match coming…?

It needs to be properly debated after-all considering there was a good amount of flaws pointed in the older arguments….”

But the way this site is with Link I don’t even see why I fucking bother…….

3. Dryn March 9, 2011 at 5:59 pm -      #203

“Have you ever used it? It kills all the bosses (including Majora) in just a few hits. The FDM basically made everything Link’s bitch.”

“So all of Cloud’s spells can work just fine against people he fights on this site but Link’s can’t? I’m pretty sure Cloud’s spells didn’t work perfectly on EVERYTHING he’s fought. So what’s with this site’s bias against Link? Why do we always try to find ways to gimp Link on this site (I.E. saying something doesn’t work just because of a gameplay mechanic to make the games fair). The whole “they don’t work on every enemy” thing is basically a gameplay mechanic. In fact in The Adventure of Link his polymorphing spell works on just about every enemy except for a small handful. I don’t see why people always make it out like it only works on like 1 enemy or something?”

Cloud is irrelevant, and if I was ever in a debate where it was Link vs. Cloud, I would support Link to the fullest. Anyway, I am not undermining Link. I just think it’s silly that Link could instantly change every single enemy he encounters into slime. If it doesn’t work on bosses, then I have every right to say that it only works on lesser enemies.

4. Lowk March 9, 2011 at 6:02 pm -      #204

So did composite Link win this?

“But the way this site is with Link I don’t even see why I fucking bother…….”

Sounds like how some Halo fans feel about how Halo is treated on factpile.

5. Negative Zero March 9, 2011 at 6:09 pm -      #205

“Cloud is irrelevant,”

“If it doesn’t work on bosses, then I have every right to say that it only works on lesser enemies.”
    I find it odd that we always try to not include gameplay mechanics but we treat video game fights like boss battles. Wouldn’t that be slapping the match in the nut’s with gameplay mechanics? Basically what I’m saying is it’s retarded to say “since this didn’t work on bosses there’s no way it will work on *insert character here* because I say *insert character here* is at boss level”. We avoid gameplay mechanics yet we completely condradict ourselves when we treat fights like 2 “bosses” fighting eachother.

6. Michael50210 March 9, 2011 at 6:12 pm -      #206

F*cking Link. Kratos is ten thousand times the MAN Link will never be.

“But the way this site is with Link I don’t even see why I fucking bother…….”

Lol wut??

7. Dryn March 9, 2011 at 11:13 pm -      #207

“Cloud is irrelevant,”

“I used Cloud as an example because thats how people debate for him. His magic basically has no restrictions on this site yet people always try to screw Link over and say *insert spell here* wouldn’t work because *insert convoluted reason here*.”

I’m not trying to screw Link over. I really do think that Link, depending on the incarnation, can take on other characters presented here at FactPile. The reason why I say that just because a certain ability will work on one character, but not another is because the characters that are being fought aren’t as powerful as the “bosses.” “Boss” in video games is a term used to describe a character usually more powerful than the other enemies within the game.

If you don’t want to use the word “boss,” that’s fine. But I can question certain abilities that Link, or anyone for that matter, uses. If it fails to work on certain enemies in the game, it is then restricted. For example, the Plasma Beam can pierce through multiple enemies, but enemies like the Golden Space Pirates apparently are resistant to this.

I am not saying that the character Link is fighting is at “boss level,” but the character Link is fighting isn’t a chump, either. Either way, Link already wins this battle against Kratos, and before I went to see why Link won, I thought that maybe it should have been Kratos who should have won. Considering that I saw what Link was capable of doing based on what I understand about Link, I didn’t need to question much.

Like I said, I’m not trying to screw Link over. I am trying to simply lay down what we know about Link.

8. CIDE March 10, 2011 at 8:53 pm -      #208

“When’s the rematch for this match coming…? “

One of the forums that no one is responding to.

For debates however it’s all but useless. there is absolutely no way in quantifying its boost. We don’t know how much stronger it makes Link, how much faster, nothing. We don’t even known how strong his ranged attacks are.

“So all of Cloud’s spells can work just fine against people he fights on this site but Link’s can’t? I’m pretty sure Cloud’s spells didn’t work perfectly on EVERYTHING he’s fought. So what’s with this site’s bias against Link? Why do we always try to find ways to gimp Link on this site (I.E. saying something doesn’t work just because of a gameplay mechanic to make the games fair). The whole “they don’t work on every enemy” thing is basically a gameplay mechanic. In fact in The Adventure of Link his polymorphing spell works on just about every enemy except for a small handful. I don’t see why people always make it out like it only works on like 1 enemy or something? “

It was never as big an issue (or even really a widely debated one) for Cloud. For Link this ALWAYS comes up.

“No rematch is needed. Why? Because there was a way that WW/PH Link beats GoW2 Kratos (the most current incarnations at the time of this match’s posting) that nobody ever mention. That would be his Magic Armor+Light Arrows combo. In WW Link could use his Magic Armor (activates instantly) with any other magic using item. All Link needs to do is activate his Magic Armor to stay safe and then just shoot Kratos with a Light Arrow (they vaporize EVERY enemy in the game). He could also just use an Ice Arrow to freeze Kratos and then smash him with the Megaton Hammer. There’s 2 things nobody mentioned about WW/PH Link.

But the way this site is with Link I don’t even see why I fucking bother…….”

Durability/invulnerability needs to be quantified and shown to be more than a gameplay mechanic. Also, Kratos is quite a bit faster than a standard arrow.

“I have. MM is my favorite Zelda game. Let me clarify. FD, overall, isn’t that great. Firing beams from a sword that can fell bosses in a short amount of time isn’t an overall factor. FD is just as vulnerable as Link as far as attack damage goes.”

See?

“So did composite Link win this? “

That’s what we’re trying to debate here.

On this note I have debated often and hard against Cloud’s magic. I’ve even debated against him HAVING magic on factpile due to current incarnation/standard equipment rules. Does anyone listen to reason though…?

In regards to Link’s polymorph however the in-game description screwed it over. It simply stated “stronger enemies” were resistant/immune.

9. CIDE April 10, 2011 at 9:48 pm -      #209

Still nothing…? Weellll….

I guess I’ll need to hop back onto the forum as well as here.

10. Sparks April 10, 2011 at 10:05 pm -      #210

Kink vs. Lratos

11. Killer Instinct July 16, 2011 at 8:48 am -      #211

Fuck you michael 50210

link is the winner !!!!!!!!

12. CIDE July 16, 2011 at 8:54 am -      #212

“Fuck you michael 50210

link is the winner !!!!!!!!

Link only wins if transmutation/polymorph spells work. Aside from that he quite literally stands no chance…

That is ONLY with a non-canon configuration Composite Link that technically isn’t being used here.

Still waiting on the revocation of this based on both this thread and the thread in the forum.

13. Evil muNki August 27, 2011 at 4:32 pm -      #213

Um…How did Link win? Seriously. This thread must have started when the site was ripe with fan boys.

14. CIDE September 14, 2011 at 8:48 pm -      #214

I’ve been wondering the same damn thing from the start.

15. Soldier's Shadow September 14, 2011 at 9:01 pm -      #215

We get a Cap’N America vs Batman rematch when it wasn’t widely requested, as far as I know, but not one for this or MC vs Snake…

Am I missing something?

16. Dryn September 14, 2011 at 9:39 pm -      #216

Well, I honestly do think people at FP heavily favor certain games, which is why I sometimes find it difficult to agree. The Zelda series is a good example of this, unless there is another series that is favored more.

17. OriginalA September 14, 2011 at 10:15 pm -      #217

As I said in post 158, the award was given out when Link was the WW/PH incarnation, which could stop time at will, dodge arrows, had arguably the fastest reflexes and swordsmanship in the entire series, the most powerful versions of Light, Fire, and Ice arrows, and Kratos didn’t get his GoW3 equipment as that game was announced, not released but merely announced, afterwards.

Basically, if this match was posted NOW things would be much different as the Current Incarnation for Link is weaker than ever and Kratos gained a few buffs in GoW3.

Context… It is a wonderful thing.

18. Soldier's Shadow September 21, 2011 at 7:03 pm -      #218

Didn’t notice this thread was updated.

“If ya’ll don’t agree with the award you should post some reasons why Kratos would win as well ask Admin to remove the award until any new LEGITIMATE arguments can be resolved.”

Well Kratos is far stronger than Link physically and he does appear to be more maneuverable with the Boots of Hermes and Wings of Icarus. He also has his own set of brief invulnerability items IIRC as well as a faster rate of fire on his bow from what I know and then count in moves like Poseidon’s Rage and Zeus’s Thunder bolts and Kratos has a lot of ranged moves to use. Then there’s the Blade of Olympus and Claws of Hades, the latter being a soul fucker, so Link’s going to need some serious power to fight back there and last I heard, Spirit Tracks Link lacks much power….at all.

Should we wait for Skyward Sword before continuing this?

19. tau43 December 18, 2011 at 10:22 pm -      #219

He can go toe to toe with Kharn, and The Greek Gods that alone would have made this a stomp, not to mention he took out Zeus the king of the gods. And survived being hurled from Olympus earlier in the series.

20. StealthRanger December 18, 2011 at 10:43 pm -      #220

@tau43
    That and current Link is a tool user and not a magic user like LttP Link and LoZ Link. Link is outclassed physically. Thus Kratos stomps

21. Alpha or Omega January 31, 2012 at 11:18 pm -      #221

Thanks to the new Hylian Historia that was recently released in Japan, there are three current incarnations… One is from the Legend of Zelda 2 Link’s adventure, Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures, and finally Spirit Tracks. Which current incarnation will we use now?

22. NEGATIVE-ZERO January 31, 2012 at 11:23 pm -      #222

Awards can’t be overturned now.
    Anyway, LoZ/AoL Link wins, FSA Link has the Four Sword, and ST Link is the least impressive of all the Links.
    So, there’s one that wins, 1 that likely wins, and 1 that loses.

23. Alpha or Omega January 31, 2012 at 11:27 pm -      #223

Well you could probably call for a rematch after all, The admin did say awards can’t be overturned, but he never said you can’t ask for a rematch.
    I still agree with you some what. Zelda 2 Link beats Kratos, Spirit Track’s loses, but It might be an iffy with Four Swords Adv. after all, they only have 5 hearts.

24. hellboy147 February 4, 2012 at 8:44 pm -      #224

Rematch…

25. StealthRanger February 4, 2012 at 10:00 pm -      #225

“Rematch…”
    Awards cannot be revoked
    Too bad bub

26. Chuck inglish March 25, 2012 at 12:39 pm -      #226

How did Link win?? Kratos is stronger and has Mach 7 reactions WTF? Yep it’s official link is the Taylor swift of factpile lol he gets the pity award

27. Alpha or Omega April 7, 2012 at 10:21 pm -      #227

Sorry for answering an old question, but Link won because it was Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass before it was the release of God of War 3 and Spirit Tracks.(Kratos, mach 7 WTF)
    If the argument still went on when God of War 3 and Spirit Tracks came out, Kratos would’ve stomp.
    But since there are 3 current incarnations, he loses because of poly-morph(2/FSA), but the Spirit Tracks dies in anyway Kratos can do.
    2/3 wins anyway.

28. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 6:52 pm -      #228

@Kenny C.

Are you mental? Do you really think Kratos could do crap? You do realize that God of War is another Sony copy of a Nintendo game, and the funniest thing is is that God of War is a copy of Zelda. He wouldn’t even beat Zelda. Zelda would yawn and beat him with one hand. Your comment used things that weren’t even close to spelled right. Zelda’s a god to but that doesn’t matter, your just a fool. Zelda would turn into Sheik, summon the Light Force, and incinerate Kratos instantly. Even if not, Sheik is much faster than him, and she’d easily dodge his spamming swords, and easily block his puny magic with her infinite shield that is made by unlimited magic. If Link can use all of his items this is EXACTLY how the battle would go: Kratos spawns the dead, Link puts up Nayru’s Love, plays the Song of Inverted Time… casually shoots a silver arrow with a bomb strapped to it right into is neck.
    Deflect Magic, he doesnt even get the chance to use it, the stupid idea of the sword being burnt into his arm would work against his advantage, the magnetic gloves would pull him straight into lasers. The lasers of Fierce Deity mask. Link could just use the Stone Mask, walk behind him and cut of his head. Link could use the Giants Mask and step on him 100 times in a row. Once he’s done, stab the body for no apparent reason. Kratos is to slow to even try petrifying Link, even without time bending. Here’s a nice Mortal Kombat fatality for you:
    Link hooks a clawshot on Kratos arm, sets it in the wall. Goes to the other side, uses the other to grab his open arm. Pulls with Golden Gauntlets till Kratos arms rip off. He casually shoots a Light Arrow into his skull, and places a bombachu that blows his weak body up. Even if Kratos killed Link, by turning him to stone, you do realize that a fairy cures what ever state your in. When Link falls into a bottomless pit, when he takes a giant ax to the face that has the strength to kill 6 people, and his brain is completely gone, 1 fairy completely cures that. He has 6 with him. Link is simply a better magic user, a better swordsman, and has to varied of an arsenal. Do you wonder why the original is Nintendo and not Sony? Because Sony only makes decent continued games from PS2, rip-offs of Nintendo, and multi-platformers. You wonder why the Nintendo original has been around for longer than your puny mind? Because some people are smart enough to realize that Nintendo has ingenuity, not crappy rip-offs and slow decaying series. Even their crappy Mario and Pokemon are still much greater. Kratos would be lucky if he could beat Link with only half of his items. Even OoS/OoA Link would still massacre Kratos. That’s because people like Zelda, and that’s why the dumbass 8 year olds who think they’re hardcore bought God of War, (a crappy Zelda,) because they wanted to think they were cool and still play the game that’s undeniably amazing.

29. mrgendrons 2.0 June 29, 2012 at 6:57 pm -      #229

@TheDuckGuy
    godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Ouranos
    —-
    ^kratos killed the “creator” of this guy and the “killer” of this guy with the BoO(blade of Olympus) and that’s not even the most powerful weapon in the gow verse(hope is and he has it in current cannon) unless link is atleast cosmic in power levels hes not beating hope’s force fields.

30. fallstar thief June 29, 2012 at 6:59 pm -      #230

lol another link fanboy

31. mrgendrons 2.0 June 29, 2012 at 7:00 pm -      #231

@fallstar thief
    True. I really hate the “fpa’s can never be revoked” rule… :cry:

32. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 7:02 pm -      #232

@fallstar thief

@mrgenrons 2.0

omg. that was just the saddest shit ive ever heard. what you just said is, Ouranos is the creator of the zelda world and god of war. but your obviously just another illogical dumbass who cant accept facts. if your that stupid just shut up.

33. fallstar thief June 29, 2012 at 7:05 pm -      #233

“lol another kratos fanboy who cant seem to accept GoW is a squeaker version of zelda.”
    no i dislike gow im just notan idiot
    gilgamesh from fate/ stomps both

34. mrgendrons 2.0 June 29, 2012 at 7:07 pm -      #234

@TheDuckGuy
    “Sired by Uranus, he who gave life to the universe.”
    ——
    ^he created the entire GOW universe(EVERYTHING except his mom who CREATED him and the world) so unless you have cannon feats of link beating any one cosmic at least he’d die horribly. kratos with hope is possibly multiversal considering gaia is probably stronger then ouranos and the boo killed her while hope is stronger then it)
    —–
    do your research next time buddy. and cut the swearing. we already have one of those guys :roll:

35. mrgendrons 2.0 June 29, 2012 at 7:08 pm -      #235

@fallstar thief
    welp i gotta go.
    —-
    Gow verse has fate,death and ouranos.

36. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 7:10 pm -      #236

@fallstar.
    i love how you could only bring something thats completely not pertinent up. you cant seem to match what i say with facts, you can only use a shitty CoD excuse. because since youre only argument against me is that i like zelda, i dont give a shit. we’re all entitled to our own opinions, and though mines based of facts, yours doesnt have to be. you can keep your shitty argument of “fanboy” because you dont have anything to back what your opinion is. but when you dont have anything to back you ideas up, dont try and debate. that just proves to the other people that your immature and inept, it doesnt get your point across to the people who actually used their brains, just makes you look stupid. just advice, go ahead and bitch all you want.

37. fallstar thief June 29, 2012 at 7:15 pm -      #237

considering your argunt is useing feats for three diffrent people i can ignore it
    kratos is faster with better reaction
    he is stronger
    more durable
    dont see why he dosnt win
    p.s. if you think link can take gilgamesh you are a fanboy

38. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 7:20 pm -      #238

@mrgendrons 2.0

you really are an idiot. just because link isnt at war with his creator doesnt mean squat. youve brought up something that has nothing to do with what i have said, but ill humor you insignificant shitty remark.

I’ll use an example:
    If Seigfried lost a battle to Yoshimitsu, then went and killed Soul Calibur (if that created the universe.) Using transitive property in math, A=B and so if B=C then A=C Yoshimitsu would be better than soul calibur. its harder to create than to destroy btw, but another idiot like you fools wouldnt understand that concept.
    So Kratos could still lose, your irrelevant comment did nothing but make you think your an idiot. “look up facts?” thats what you say to me? i used facts, you used irrelevancy.
    Lets keep my example going: so when yoshimitsu loses to hmmmmm, lets say Tira. So then Tira would be stronger than all of them. Except that siegfried could easily beat her.
    You wonder why you didnt think of any of this? because you not only are illogical, you know nothing about fighting. fighting is an art, every advantage is also a disadvantage, but im wasting my time, you dont even have the wisdom to understand what i say. im not going to reply back to you unless you give me something truly factual to reply to, i dont want your 8 year old shit. use your brain, i know you have one. you arent 8 but you need to use your brain, because your sounding like your 8.

39. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 7:23 pm -      #239

@fallstar thief
    A:kratos is not faster. Link can slow time, and bend time more than even Ryu.
    B:Link has golden gauntlents, and strength doesnt win a fight. i fought someone who lived 2 blocks away who was much stronger than me, but its called quickness, if he cant hit you he cant beat you.

40. Cypher June 29, 2012 at 7:23 pm -      #240

I’m not arguing for Link here but fallstar… a little flaw in that last post.

Being faster with better reaction didn’t exactly help Lancer against Gilgamesh.
    Being stronger and more durable didn’t help Berserker against Gilgamesh.

Those with the better toys have a much better advantage. Like Iron Man’s suit compared to Master Chief’s suit regardless of what they can do outside the armor.

41. Aelfinn June 29, 2012 at 7:26 pm -      #241

” kratos with hope is possibly multiversal ”
    @fallstar thief
    People are saying Link doesn’t get the award because his current incarnation is too weak, right? Because I know Composite Link has a shot at beating Kratos, but Current Link gets stomped.
    @TheDuckGuy
    The quality of a series is not being debated here. Just because you deem GOW not as good as Zelda does not mean that a character in one can’t beat a character in another.

42. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 7:27 pm -      #242

@fallstar theif
    actually i had 2 people, use reading.
    and wtf does gilgamesh have to with this? you think im a fanboy because i havent said anything about him? does that even make sense in YOUR mind? i never even thought about who would win. i dont even have the game fate. but it would be a fool that brings up something completely off-task, because call me a fanboy. because ill readily admit that i like zelda, metroid, ff, halo, jak, sly, rachet. i like video games. criticize me because im a true gamer and take games for what their worth. i know 95% of sony fans no longer know what gaming is, since that shitty ps3 came out.

43. fallstar thief June 29, 2012 at 7:27 pm -      #243

claws of hades steal the elf wanabes soul so no he dosnt get back up.
    ” play zelda. die 6 times in a row when you have all your gear with you. youll still be alive.”
    nlf/gameplay
    also thats not durabbility
    “A:kratos is not faster. Link can slow time, and bend time more than even Ryu.”
    time slow =/= speed
    boots of hades makes kratos faster than link(arrow timer at best)

44. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 7:30 pm -      #244

@aelfinn
    i never did say there was no chance that someone in gow couldnt beat someone in zelda just because the gameplay in zelda was better. because by all means: all the sages, some of the weak bosses, and others would be easy for kratos to kill. but link or zelda couldnt definitely beat kratos, zelda because of limitless magic and link because of all of his items.

45. Aelfinn June 29, 2012 at 7:30 pm -      #245

“A:kratos is not faster. Link can slow time, and bend time more than even Ryu.”
    Current Incarnation can’t slow time.
    “but its called quickness, if he cant hit you he cant beat you.”
    You have no idea how much we pay attention to this on this site. And trust me, unless Link has reacted to something going faster than the speed of sound, he isn’t as fast as Kratos.
    “C: more durable? did you really just say that? play gow. when you die, you stay dead. play zelda. die 6 times in a row when you have all your gear with you. youll still be alive.”
    What is this, I don’t even…

46. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 7:30 pm -      #246

@aelfinn
    i meant to say could* definitely beat kratos. sorry i have bad typing.

47. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 7:31 pm -      #247

@aelfinn
    i wasnt talking about the current incarnation. the current incarnation is extremely weak.

48. fallstar thief June 29, 2012 at 7:32 pm -      #248

“. i dont even have the game fate”
    its a vn/light novel
    “actually i had 2 people, use reading”
    you were useing composit link thats three
    ” ill readily admit that i like zelda, metroid, ff, halo, jak, sly, rachet. i like video games.”
    good for you i like anime and manga
    “Being stronger and more durable didn’t help Berserker against Gilgamesh”
    endiku: chains of heaven sealed his power

49. Alpha or Omega June 29, 2012 at 7:33 pm -      #249

You know that every battle on factpile involves current incarnations, unless specified by scenario or description. (Although there are 3 for Link.)

50. fallstar thief June 29, 2012 at 7:36 pm -      #250

“endiku”
    enkidu

51. Aelfinn June 29, 2012 at 7:37 pm -      #251

“because call me a fanboy.”
    I think you’re misinterpreting what we mean by a “fanboy” on this site. If you like games, by all means, go ahead. If you like CoD, Halo, LoZ, Metroid, or whatever else floats your boat, we have no problem with it. What we mean by a “fanboy” is someone who believes that one of their favorite characters will win no matter what and refuses to listen to reason. Honestly, your first post seems to indicate that you are a Link fanboy because you came in and claimed that Link’s items will give him an instant win, even though that Kratos’ speed and durability larger remove those as a factor.

52. Commander Cross June 29, 2012 at 7:40 pm -      #252

@Councilor Aelfinn

I don’t think many of us recall the difference between an unchecked fanboy and those who’d strive to fight with logic only to fall apart in the process via doing so, really. T_T

53. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 7:40 pm -      #253

Does it look like anyone is talking about the current Link? He’s weak. Everything in the games easy crap even someone as lazy as me could do if the items existed. The current Link’s game was so easy you could beat it without a shield on hero mode and you still wont even come close to dying. the majoras/ocarina can die 6 times in a row, while this one can only die 5 times. majoras one could also slow time…blah blah blah just like Harp of Ages can bend the time extremely well. no one ever said this was just limited to skyward sword. i know a lot of these pages have been all biased against link saying, you can only use like 5 things, but this one didnt say newest incarceration.

54. Alpha or Omega June 29, 2012 at 7:43 pm -      #254

www.factpile.com/2812-factpile-debating-rules/
    Rule no. 2 “Battle Incarnations
    All combatants are considered to be at their current incarnations, or most recent incarnation prior to death and/or incapacitation that would prevent them from engaging in battle at optimum efficiency, within their own continuities unless otherwise specified by the battle’s scenario.”

55. fallstar thief June 29, 2012 at 7:43 pm -      #255

on factpileits current incarnation by default inless stated otherwise

56. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 7:44 pm -      #256

hmm that book was called “fate” really? i read gilgamesh for one of my middle school courses but i didnt look at that. and gilgamesh is in a game, final fantasy 12. that game was awesome :)

57. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 7:45 pm -      #257

oh well now of course link would lose. what would the point of the weak boy link versing kratos. that would be decapitation in seconds. i didnt read the rules because i literally just joined this site, like 30 minutes ago.

58. fallstar thief June 29, 2012 at 7:48 pm -      #258

“that book was called “fate” really”
    the light novel prequal is fate/zero
    and fate/stay night(a VN) is the main seris
    there is a sequal fate/ hollow ataraxia

59. Cypher June 29, 2012 at 7:48 pm -      #259
  60. fallstar thief June 29, 2012 at 7:50 pm -      #260

@theDuckGuy
    gilgamesh the king of heros
    media.animevice.com/uploads/2/24204/433055-gilgamesh_super.jpg

61. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 7:51 pm -      #261

but do realize people that the picture of link is from twilight princess and not skyward sword so if this came out from then shouldnt we be using twilight princess link?

62. Alpha or Omega June 29, 2012 at 7:57 pm -      #262

cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/12/29631a766f1537530abc0ec5e6d15515.jpg
    Timeline of Zelda.
    Spirit Tracks is more recent since it came out after Aventure of Link and Four Swords + Hyrule Adventures.

63. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 7:59 pm -      #263

yes but if the picture up there is twilight princess than why would we be debating a different one? that would like me putting yoshimitsu from tag tournament 2 up there and really want you to debate about yoshimitsu the 2nd from soul calibur.

64. Alpha or Omega June 29, 2012 at 8:02 pm -      #264

Well, this match was made before the timeline was made, so the admin didn’t know which Link it was going to be, so he just put the a Link picture which happens to be the one from Twilight Princess.

65. fallstar thief June 29, 2012 at 8:03 pm -      #265

the pictures arnt used for telling wich version is being used they are usualy chosen at random by admin

66. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 8:04 pm -      #266

well either way, the rules dont specify on time in the game or time in real life is the newest incarnation.

67. Alpha or Omega June 29, 2012 at 8:06 pm -      #267

Do you mean one of the three Links on the three split timeline?

68. fallstar thief June 29, 2012 at 8:08 pm -      #268

“, the rules dont specify on time in the game ”
    its latest in game
    example current dante is dmc2 not 4

69. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 8:08 pm -      #269

that doesnt specify if they mean in real life: skyward sword, or game time. and game time would be even more of a problem because of 3 split and there would have to be a choice on which one or if mixtures…

70. Aelfinn June 29, 2012 at 8:09 pm -      #270

“yes but if the picture up there is twilight princess than why would we be debating a different one?”
    On Factpile, what picture we use means something between Diddly and Squat. It just isn’t important, as it is only a visual representation. In addition, as long as which form isn’t directly stated in the OP, we always use the Current one, changing it as new material is released.

71. TheDuckGuy June 29, 2012 at 8:11 pm -      #271

so wait. if its latest in game, zelda has 3 different ones, probably adventure of link because it’s a little bit after the other ones.

72. StealthRanger June 29, 2012 at 8:14 pm -      #272

Is gendrons claiming Kratos is multiversal now? *Jesus facepalm*
    Btw, whats with the influx of Link fantards recently?

73. Aelfinn June 29, 2012 at 8:18 pm -      #273

“its latest in game
    example current dante is dmc2 not 4″

74. StealthRanger June 29, 2012 at 8:22 pm -      #274

Oh and btw, the Ouranus thing happened in original Greek Myth and not GoW, which are seperate universes and Ouranus isn’t a multiversal singularity, so gendrons is just fanwanking again

75. fallstar thief June 29, 2012 at 8:24 pm -      #275

“I think that that’s if there is a direct timeline progression, then we use the latest. Considering how detached the Zelda games are from one another, we use the latest one released.”
    you are correct i forgot this

76. mrgendrons 2.0 June 30, 2012 at 1:23 pm -      #276

@TheDuckGuy
    1.) calling some one dumb definitely doesn’t make you smarter.
    2.) Kratos was already in soul caliber and kicked a$$ thus its irrelevant. Kratos killed the soul creator of the creator of his universe. Nothing link has or ever will do will hold a candle up to that.
    ——
    @Aelfinn
    “That… may be a bit TOO ballsy of a claim. You have been improving in your debate ability, Mr. Gendrons, but let’s not get too crazy.”
    ——l
    ^Welp Im going by a few things of cannon.
    godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Ouranos
    ^This guy created the universe in GOW so i was power scaling from him. Gaia created him by herself using her powers and is also omnipresent(gaia>ouranos= universal beingBoO>Gaia>Ouranos.
    —–
    @StealthRanger
    godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Ouranos
    ——
    ^GoW comics states HE created the universe in GoW bro(chaos did in real greek myth by the way , nice job doing your research)

77. TheDuckGuy June 30, 2012 at 1:31 pm -      #277

Well now that I’ve thought about it you should really go back and add the “” in FactPile. But illogical fools are everywhere, it’s just the sad part here is that the administrators are also illogical. They specifically made the rules so innovative characters that had stood the test of time just get thrown out. And I can see that they didn’t want Ryu to lose his abilities, just Link. Because you guys seriously need to fix that name: BiasedShitPile. That makes more sense to people when they see crappy rip-offs winning just because they specifically made it so the people they want win. Sadly, not only are your people illogical and immature, there’s people judging this shit that don’t even seem to know they are also fanboys, and by all means, I know you guys are totally gonna bitch and moan because your too immature to allow yourself to win. Just like my last posts, no one had real arguments against it except “I feel sorry for whoever read that.” I feel sorry for you fucks, grow up and get a better site name, because instead of allowing the innovative characters their incredible detail, you ruin the point. That’s why your battles are terrible, enjoy posting crap against me afterwards because you’re too immature to realize that it’s simple: you’ve massacred all of the cool and great characters that survived since NES just for the sake of getting your way. Childs.

78. TheDuckGuy June 30, 2012 at 1:34 pm -      #278

@mrgendrons 2.0

you obviously know nothing about fighting, and your also an idiot. you can keep your shitty excuse because you have no real argument. if i went out and killed some president or a king or something that doesnt mean someone who hasnt done that cant kill me. if i believed that id be a fool, and be dead in a week. thanks for at least trying, i know it’s hard for retards from this site, because theyve obviously missed the quotes in the name.

79. mrgendrons 2.0 June 30, 2012 at 1:35 pm -      #279

@TheDuckGuy
    Show me a singel universal being in Loz spirt tracks()we use latest cannon not composite here unless specifide)
    —-
    ^not to mention its a sword fight and Kratos has chain blades and a 5ft long sword that killed the creator of the creator of the GoW verse.

80. mrgendrons 2.0 June 30, 2012 at 1:41 pm -      #280

@TheDuckGuy
    Kratos for one is stronger without gear and with: godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Atlas
    ——-
    ^overpowered atlas fingers and he’s held up the entire planet for ten years(Kratos forced him to)
    —–
    godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Hercules
    —–
    ^I belive the gow novel stated hercules did in fact lift the planet in gow,Kratos fully overpowers him.
    ——-
    Kratos has better range by chain blades(about 50ft more then links master sword) and stamina(climbed a mountain for three days without food or water,ran from attica to marathon nonstop while a planetary sleep magic was cast by Morpheus and the world didn’t have the sun and did freeze to death)
    —–
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=GisZ0cgsQBY
    ——
    ^not to mention FAR supperior agility
    —–
    Link dies.

81. Alpha or Omega June 30, 2012 at 1:43 pm -      #281

No offense, but Ouranos has only created the universe. We know nothing on his destructive capabilities. Not to mention, to create the universe could take more than a lifetime.
    Not to mention, the wiki only says the greek mythology did, and the wiki says the god of war Ouranos only gave life.
    Not to mention, God of War comic only briefly mentions him, making him featless.

82. Alpha or Omega June 30, 2012 at 1:45 pm -      #282

Also, it says he created(or claimed) the WORLD. NOT the universe

83. mrgendrons 2.0 June 30, 2012 at 1:51 pm -      #283

@Alpha or Omega
    1.) Ouranos “gave life to the universe” not brought life INTO the universe. So unless confirmed he did create it due to wording.
    2.)What is a life time too a god who is immortal? We Know he created eons ago considering hes been dead for that long(Way before the titan god war which was eons ago)
    3.)Gaia created him by herself. thus more powerful.
    4.)Real greek myth has chaos do that but in the GoW verse he so far only created Gaia(GoW 2 handbook)
    5.)He has feats:created the universe,fathered the “cosmic” titans(god of war unearthing the legend documentary stated they were cosmic), and died to Cronus who died to Kratos as well with the BoO

84. mrgendrons 2.0 June 30, 2012 at 1:56 pm -      #284

@Alpha or Omega
    “Sired by Uranus, he who gave life to the universe.”-Gow comic’s. So yeah ouranos is a universal being in gow which i chose to powerscale with. Also Gaia created the earth”my world bleeds because of you!”-Gaia,While in greek myth ouranos was the stary sky,while in gow hes the creator.

85. Atomic Lowk June 30, 2012 at 4:02 pm -      #285

@TheDuckguy

“They specifically made the rules so innovative characters that had stood the test of time just get thrown out.”
    Pretty sure the rule was just to give a standard or default ruling on the status of the character instead of having to figure what era or incarnation the character is in for every match. You see, some people forget about that detail when they suggest a match and at that point then people need to figure out if it’s current or if they intended for the character to be from the past.
    There is even a part where it stated it before a character is unable to fight do to a debilitation like say if the characters current incarnation is paralyzed, instead of taking him as he is paralyzed we go back to the point where he isn’t for the fight.

Oh and Link has still won matches with the rules like against Lara Croft and Wander.
    ===
    “And I can see that they didn’t want Ryu to lose his abilities, just Link.”
    Ryu losses a few weapons each game so alas he currently isn’t in possession of them, he loses those. Pretty sure the rule wasn’t made for Ryu. Hell as far as characters on the site go Ryu isn’t even that used.
    And I believe Most Links share the same abilities, They tend to be durable, talented swordsmen and archers, some of which tend to be pretty strong.
    ===
    “That makes more sense to people when they see crappy rip-offs winning just because they specifically made it so the people they want win.”
    Except the rules weren’t made for that reason. The entire site doesn’t revolve around one match and two characters. Especially not Ryu since he’s actually on the losing end of some matches.
    ===
    “you’ve massacred all of the cool and great characters that survived since NES just for the sake of getting your way.”
    Last I checked Pit was beating Kratos.
    Also I don’t think any of the people here had control over the rules and I believe they were made like a while ago and the ones that did probably didn’t have NES hate in mind. They just trying to create order since Before then there were a lot of fanboys screaming things like Master Chief lights the rings and other such crazy stuff.
    ===
    If you have a problem with the Link incarnation I believe there was a match to determine which Link should be the default Link.
    Here we go
    www.factpile.com/6525-incarnation-battle-royal-link/

Though this was before Legend of Zelda had a timeline so I’m not sure if it still applies since I believe that left LoZ with three different current incarnation or something.

And there are some Matches where Composite Link is used(a combining of the various different Links/their equipment throughout legend of Zelda history in one).
    I think the most popular one right now is Cloud vs Link.

86. TheDuckGuy July 1, 2012 at 10:00 pm -      #286

@mr gendrons 2.0
    how many books,movies,comics were massacred versions of the game? or the other way around? to many for me to count. but your obviously going to say more foolish things so knock yourself out, even someone like me whos only played each gow once knows that he overpowers a finger. one finger. and not only that, you could over power anyone after theyve held up something extremely heavy for a very long time. like if you could bench 200, and did that 2000 times, and i kicked your ass, thats pretty much what you just said. stupid, and irrelevant.
    @Atomic Lowk
    the debilitation would have to be there. if my aorta was cut through the ribs and more, and you tried to kill me, (of course im not talking about guns,) youd beat the crap outof me. id be spewing blood everywhere.
    Lara Croft. you do know i could kill her. you could too. its been to long for me to remember the wander, and it sounds familiar but i dont remember it or him/her.
    ryu has now been fixed, badly needed thanks to Razor’s Edge thanks to the Wii U. but he’s still lost things like time stop across the way. but now at least he can use simple things like art of vacuum wave, etc.
    you obviously havent played all of zelda, because i remember one where all i majored in was magic. i used sword for 5 minutes, thats it.
    i hate pit. i despise shit like him. he may have survived, but it was only do to brawl. if he wasnt in that game, no one wouldve even remembered him, because even the new game is boring.
    the best link is oot/mm. its obvious. no link would be fast enough to dodge the extremely overpowered lasers, while times slowed, with biggorons sword in one hand and great fairies in the other.

87. Atomic Lowk July 1, 2012 at 10:11 pm -      #287

“Lara Croft. you do know i could kill her. you could too.”
    The Lady has peak human stats, the accuracy to headshot someone while mobile in the air, and the experiences of multiple fights and life threatening scenarios. Probably not the best type of person to face in something like a deathmatch. I could probably beat her in checkers though.
    ===
    “ryu has now been fixed, badly needed thanks to Razor’s Edge thanks to the Wii U. but he’s still lost things like time stop across the way.”
    Actually since it was an ability and not equipment he would still have it. Kind of like how Dante would still have quicksilver.

88. TheDuckGuy July 1, 2012 at 11:27 pm -      #288

if the fictional character was true i hope she could survive the entire building being wired with c4 while she sleeps. then again though, i hope shed enjoy taking arrows, because i look like an innocent child except for my face. one of my classes a long time ago thought i was a mass murderer in disguise. and you do realize just like any video game, shit like that is total bullshit. she doesnt really do anything interesting in her games. i could shoot an arrow into your aorta while flying, so depending on the gun, same. and the aorta is much harder to hit than the head. if people were in “peak human abilities” theyd be smarter and finish the problem quicker. its like the kratos faster than sound, when you play the game, you dont even see that. heck, my little pony could be faster than sound. but do realize experience in life threatening problems causes illogical thinking, even if its your second or third time. i ran when some ass knocked me of my friends motorcycle and ran me over. more life threatening accidents mostly cause illogical. i shouldve moved right, because then i wouldve at least dodged my friends fucking motorcycle that i somehow rendered the gas on right hand grip to keep going and run me over after the asswhole hit me.
    i forgot the point of saying all that. dammit.
    you do realize that abilities like time stop are only in one game, just like air jump and others.

89. LordBeguiler October 9, 2012 at 4:07 am -      #289

Let’s look at this logically.

Since we’re assuming Link is at his most powerful, with all his items, let us also assume that Kratos is at his most powerful, with all his items.

Link turns Kratos into goo. Kratos, at his most powerful, is the God of War. And while many of you rightly raise the issue that being God of War doesn’t mean auto-win, how many gods in Greek mythology had the ability to change their forms?

Answer: All the powerful ones. In the games, both Zeus and Athena demonstrate this ability. While this doesn’t mean for certain that Kratos can, we do see Kratos change his size, which suggests control of his form.

So, Kratos gets turned to goo. And immediately turns back into Kratos.

Next, let’s look at invincibility. Being invincible is great. It means you cannot die. But does being invincible make you immune to dismemberment, being locked away forever in the bowels of the Underworld, or even being ground to sentient, still living paste by the heel of someone who kills Gods, Heroes, and Monsters of Legend?

Not that I’m aware of.

Ice arrows? Don’t make me laugh. Assuming Link could strike Kratos with one (Kratos is very mobile), what’s to stop Kratos from throwing it back?

Turn into a deity, Link. Kratos loves killing those.

Fairies? Just means Kratos gets to enjoy killing Link again…and again…and again…

Clones? Kratos’ Blades of Chaos specialize in fighting multiple opponents. Create four copies of Link, and that’s just four times the Hylian blood these blades will taste.

Indestructible shields don’t matter, since chain-blades dual wielded would definitely penetrate that defense by going around the shield.

Mirror shielding Kratos’ magic back at him might work. But there’s that Golden Fleece issue again.

Link is a master swordsman? A weaponmaster in general? Ok, even if that’s true (which it isn’t), Kratos is a Spartan. Spartans train from very, very young to use weapons and to kill with them. Making Kratos at least as skilled.

Link is too clever for Kratos? Wrong again. Kratos is no dullard. That he chooses to smash his obstacles rather than take the time to figure them out does not mean that Kratos cannot, but rather is a testament to the brute force and ferocity at his command. Speaking of command: Kratos, having commanded armies, has to have some understanding of tactics and strategy. Something that takes a fair amount of intellect.

In the end, if somehow, some way, Link did manage to achieve the impossible and kill Kratos, Kratos would just drag himself up from death, go kill the sisters of Fate, and cut Link’s thread from time before the little punk ever had the chance to speak his first word.

I do not understand at ALL how Link was awarded victory here. Kratos is the clear victor. Link never stood a chance. Despite Link’s many and varied accomplishments, despite his abilities, his victories, Link could never truly defeat Kratos, not for very long.

Kratos would own Link, then pwn Ganondorf for good measure, just for fun. And then he’d rape Zelda. And the worst part is, Zelda would like it. Because Kratos is a real man, far more worthy of both the title and the victory here, especially when compared to that wimp of a Keebler elf, Link.

Lord Beguiler.

(P.S. – Yes, I know Link isn’t an elf, but rather Hylian.)

90. Alpha or Omega December 16, 2012 at 5:54 pm -      #290

For someone who looks at it logically, you don’t.
    Kratos doesn’t have weapon the can specifically, harm Ganon(I don’t see how Ganon is relevant)
    Kratos has not shown the ability to transform in his current incarnation, so he cannot turn to normal from goo.
    Also, we don’t go by at peak. (Unless specified)
    We go by current incarnations. Which means LoZ 2 Link vs GoW 3 Kratos

91. TheDuckGuy January 5, 2013 at 10:15 pm -      #291

I tried to simply stoop to your guy’s level so you would think you won simply so my inbox wouldn’t be spammed. Kratos vs Link. Laughable. How about next you put Igarashi and Alucard? Or instead the Master Chief vs Eduard Elric? Or even the Mario Brothers against Samus? Or Walter C. Dollneaz vs Belcross. Even Azoth vs an FF character? Not even the latest game (in terms of release, which you guys were riding the “rematch rematch” bullshit would lose) Skyward Sword Link, would beat Kratos easily. Of course the original Links before Kratos even existed wouldn’t beat him because games weren’t that complex back then. In truth Link would win those fights simply because Kratos didn’t exist. Sony was partnered with Nintendo back then. So they didn’t have a reason to copy the game yet. Heck I haven’t even played most of the earlier Zelda’s, because they didn’t interest me until they became 3D. SS Link has 10 minutes of invulnerability whenever he wants, and has the Triforce in the end. Drinks potions… waiting waiting: Kratos is erased from existence. Oooh Kratos will go back and time and be a pussy instead of fighting like a man, Link can go back in time also. But of course neither of these something very accessible. He has to go to specific people to make him go back in time. Not his power, just going out of his way to use another’s power. That’s like saying Skyward Sword Link can time travel whenever he wants. A portal which the person cannot create in a few seconds would be useless. If you believe this voids out how Link can call change back time via Ocarina he has a harp that changes time also. Multiple games buddy. Hey, don’t be angry, you wanted the sheep to attack the wolf. Please do bring up the irrelevant and use logical fallacies, it makes you’re argument sound all the smarter. Hey how about Zelda incinerates Kratos mind while he’s not looking? Or maybe even Zeus comes in? How about America nukes them both? How about Kylar Stern stabs them both? Or Alucard drinks their blood? Yeah smart thinking. Pertinence. Look it up. Relevancy. Simple words. You should know them. This isn’t my first or second language so you should know those if I know them. At least use logic if you’re going to claim you use it. Or start bringing up other stupid shit, like how someone beats another’s fingers. Yes ooooh, Link killed Ganondwarf, which Kratos can’t hurt. Kratos killed another guy. Someone else threw a rock. Hooly fucking shit! Maybe if you could actually fucking relate it by some way, but you can’t. They are somewhere else in another video game planet, book, or anime world. I never even said anything about the goop in the first place. It only works on the overworld enemies! Kratos would be considered a boss or a miniboss. Not a lesser enemy. Heck you just insulted Kratos. Don’t fucking guess. I could say: because elves have lots of speed in… Eragon, than that counts here. Seriously? It wasn’t a problem to begin with. The only problem Link could possibly have is Medusa’s Gaze, but in truth, he has too many lives to fall for a pathetic trick like that multiple times. After all, Link is a quick fighter as well as a sidekick that analyzes and talks while time is stopped.
    Oracle Series: I guess I’ll just give you simple ways to consume less time. I mean, even though Link would’ve just teleported himself or Kratos to absolutely nowhere. And no I’m not going to pull the bullshit you intend to do: “let’s bring up going back in time 1000’s of years.” Yeah Link can do that too buddy. Oh and don’t worry about any of Kratos’ elements here, because Link could just use his rings. Pegasus seeds would help to put Kratos on defense, (those weapons don’t have much of a defense though, but Kratos would definitely be stepping back,) beams as well as the cape would help him go further into his defense. Somaria would love to help Link further by blocking Kratos’ attacks and then crushing his face in with ‘em. Fairy powder would also block any petrification. MMMMM even better. . Most of those rings I talk about later on are from Oracle series. So I guess Kratos would enjoy doing ½ damage when his enemy does x3. Maybe he’d somehow win. Yeah right.
    Ocarina of Time: Light arrows are delicious indeed. Almost as much as an unbreakable shield which takes 0 seconds to cast. Oh you’re saying Kratos would dodge all of that and somehow make Link use up all his energy? No I think a couple instantaneous Din’s Fire (unblockable,) with 0 second Nayru’s Love after a Green or Blue potion which also take no time in game. Oh wait what’s that? He can also be a golden wolf and do crazy ass crap even though he’s been alive till time took the flesh off his bones? Oh yeah, I would enjoy to see how well Kratos would do when he’s finally not being a teacher and rather murdering.
    Majora’s Mask: Now this is REALLY simple. The fact that time stops when Link pulls out his Ocarina is devastating. *Plays Song of Healing.* Kratos just realizes he’s been wasting his time with completely stupid, (but fun,) slaying for the hell of it. Yes this would work even on living people. Mikau as well as the Deku Butler’s son. Than Link would have a Kratos maskYou don’t seem to get what I mean with the Feirce Deity mask. Link not only can block Kratos’ attack with the Double Helix blade, lasers that can’t be blocked come out. Even though Kratos would’ve been healed from that song Link could’ve just played the Song of Inverted time. Thereby the Great Fairies Sword, full of enchantments, would be cutting through what it was meant to cut through: evil. There’s still TONS of ways for Link to beat him. The light reflected off Link’s shield when he blocks burns the shit out of dark and evil stuff. When Link blocks the chain swords with his shield, Kratos isn’t enjoying getting burned. Of course dark and evil are all perspective, and there is no definite answer on that. There’s plenty of ways for this to go down. Link has many masks which make him quick, explode without taking damage, and more. Would love to see what would happen if Link aimed for an arm with a hookshot. Maybe tear that shit right off. Of course that wouldn’t work on Kratos but that would be interesting to see once Kratos or someone else is weakened.
    Let’s indulge that pathetic spot in your mind Kratos could beat all the Links.
    Inverted Song of Time. Uses Pegasus seeds and Magnetic gloves. (Realize not a single second has even passed yet.) Running up to Kratos, which even not using a maul or that other spear, cumbersome weapons, even if he got a chance to attack Link that wouldn’t move him because his Red Ring would’ve prevented the attack. Once Link reaches Kratos, with the Biggoron’s Sword in left hand, and the Great Fairies Sword in the right, cuts through the part of the arm not seared to blade. (If Kratos is even using it.) Pulls out the Double Clawshots, latchs onto his leg, stuffs it into a wall, runs to the opposite side, grabs the other leg, and pulls with Golden Gauntlets. Now the limbless Kratos attempts to use telepathy. It’s terribly ineffective, the Cane of Somaria blocks any attempt for a block to move. Link summons his Bird, to peck Kratos eyes out while he can’t move. Link decides to put the sad fuck out of his misery. Gouging him through the intestines, he lifts him up through the sword and chucks him. A light arrow with a bomb strapped to it goes through Kratos’ ugly white and red face. Link proceeds to walk over to where the body is about to land, and stick out the Great Fairies Sword, in this case it does plenty of damage from it’s magical spells.
    Now of course if we’re looking more at a less gory version, you’ll see the rings come in handy. Rings that block almost every element known. A Red Ring (from the original,) which stops ¼ of the damage hitting him. And also if you’ve played Ocarina of Time when you are casting spells time stops, so Link could have Nayru’s Love at any moment. Not only this he can also change rings instantaneous, in which things like Light Ring, Steadfast Ring, Heart Recover Ring, Bomber’s Ring, Charge Ring, Spin Ring, Armor Ring, and Power Ring would come in extra useful. Making lasers whenever need be, recovering his 20 protected hearts with 6 revives, exploding people in multiple ways, making very strong lethal blows quickly that also become double duration, being able to reduce your already ¼ attack by 3 and than the moment the blade is contacting with Kratos’ body switching it so he does x3 damage. With weapons that already do extra damage to evil, as well as a shield that blocking would hurt his enemy. Just in case you can’t put those damages in terms he also has the Blue, Red, and Green (from OoS) which makes damage get cut in half, double damage, or 25% less damage taken as well as 50% extra given. It’s delicious just thinking about how many augments Link has together to completely rip this guy to shreds all together in unison making each hit triple to pen triple damage and amazing shielding already from an unbreakable Nayru’s Love with a delicious set of rings that make anything that even if it did go through did nothing. And also the Protection Ring would make any hit only a heart. And for ANOTHER attack ring, Whimsical can one hit kill enemies. (Link’s probably not dumb enough to use that one though.)
    Now even if Kratos didn’t attack with his sword, let’s go through his entire move list according to the God of War Wikia after something that will completely destroy 95% of his attacks. (Yeah I haven’t memorized every move of Kratos, so yeah I did look it up. So what?)
    Efreet-Link has a suit tailored to being in lava conditions, which lava is a few hundred degrees. More than fire. But since that wouldn’t stop it if he poured a lot of lava on, the Rings will take the rest.
    Light of Dawn-That ring taking it’s first blow is very helpful. Because it would take 3 to finally make him take any damage. That’s a bit less than you have against someone who slowed time, using seeds, and is magnetizing to the metal seared into your arms.
    Charon’s curse. Gosh I’d have to say that would suck to be hoping for that because a shield that stops all magic: Nayru’s Love literally takes no time to summon. As well as a ring which would channel the entire curse into one hearts damage. Don’t worry, only 20×6-1 to go.
    Oooh Poseidon’s and Cronos’ Rage. Zeus’ Fury also. Sorry to say, (somehow I actually remember the name of this ring,) the Green Holy Ring completely blocks that.
    Medusa’s Gaze. Hmmm the Protection Ring would come in VERY handy. Even if it didn’t do what it’s supposed to, (every attack against Link is a heart. Yes, even if it’s a weak attack, so that’s why Link can change it into another ring instantaneously when a weak attack’s coming.) AND Naryu’s Love somehow failed, he’d just come back to life instantly.
    Army of Hades. Charge Ring + Spin attack than Spin Ring equals by to dark enemies from Holy Augmented Blades. Even so a quick Din’s fire (instantaneous,) would burn them all to death.
    Oh no the Wind of some God. There’s a little something called Iron Boots. And at the same time, an arrow knocked for Kratos’ skull that does extra damage from Holy attributes. The moment the winds gone, Kratos is also gone.
    A kick. So let’s say even though a kick like this is slow, and you are already slower than your opponent by far you manage to land it. With ¾’s of your blow gone, what exactly did that do to a guy wearing chain mail? Make you want to reevaluate your life?
    Atlas Quake. All Link is going to do is float above the hit or use Iron boots. And then if any rock comes off he’s immune to that by a ring.
    It’s a bit sad he can’t counter Link’s time slow with his own, because this is supposed to be a far fight with no cheap things for a character. Like someone being by Fates Statues or those Train Tracks.
    Golden Fleece. Okay than, enjoy the x3+ damage from a sword that also does extra damage to evil.
    Yes fly Kratos, so you can be a easier target for a bowmaster. Smart thinking. Got magics as well as 60 bombs. Great idea. Patent that.
    Fire bow is pointless. Even if Link didn’t just take the 1/8 of a heart it did he could just freeze the area for himself with an ice arrow. When water meets fire the fire goes out. So even if the fire got through the ice it would go out from the water.
    A less useful shield blinding head. Woopdy do. Now Link can just see through it with the Lens of Truth.
    Dashing boots. Yay now upgrade those so they don’t have a limit and you’ll have one of Link’s boots.
    A vortex? To a guy who bends time, can teleport, run faster than comprehensible? Nice try but useless. Yes in case you were wondering Pegasus seeds, boots, and time being slowed down makes someone run very fast.
    Hide behind your friends. Because hiding behind Spartans while they do attacks that do absolutely nothing to Link is a VERY SMART idea. Like that ever worked to bosses. How about Link summons the Goddesses to finish him. Or even Zelda to erase his existence with a thought. Or Zelda in Sheik’s clothing to stab him before he sees her. Besides the point, because even though with the Last Spartan and his men he’d still be a futile pathetic attempt.
    I know you dislike games that don’t make you feel “mature” because they don’t have red pixels in them for you to feel better about yourself. Good for you. If you really care that badly to know someone who could beat all of Link’s reincarnations together, watch Hellsing. Alucard is kinda like Link in a sense except crazy ass stronger, millions of lives all the time instead of around 5 per incarnation. Quit bothering me because you want to feel better about yourself proving a rip off game with extra red pixels makes you feel better about yourself. So unless you have a REAL argument against Link, than just be quiet. Oh and don’t bring up some bullshit not in the gameplay. “Oh he moves at the speed of light.” I like how you were at least smart enough to remember that, but now show me where that happens in the game because I can clearly see the blade moving when I press a button. As well as him taking damage from things the size of stuff Link takes down for fun, meaning Link would also damage him, without even using the rings. Oh and by all means, say some pathetic shit like: “Link would lose because he’s a pussy.” Don’t worry, of course you can classify Link as a scared cat when he has the Triforce of Courage and is obviously human. Or instead if you meant a woman’s genitals you need to have sex so you can see a massive difference. Because it will prove your pathetic childish attempts to say a sheep can kill a wolf. ‘Specially when that sheep was once a copy of the wolf, except it strayed it’s on path and became weaker. Oh and btw, based off of his appearance in FF, some Zelda characters would be classified as a type of elves. Of course, Square Enix doesn’t have rights, but it’s believe what you want to believe. You can’t make another person be right, like in this case and sometimes the topic has no real right answer. Religion is good for the economy. But is keeping people as slaves to a made up thing wrong? Or is there some mystical being? In truth the funniest part is, is that Kratos in truth kills himself. Makes for one hell of a truth, Kratos is insecure and doesn’t have a purpose. Why else would one kill other “important beings.” Idiots do it in America, and then the idiots of their government blame guns when it’s the idiot population. A gun doesn’t shoot itself. But I shouldn’t waste the time getting into the reason behind their gun hate. But as I meant, notice how they normally shoot themselves after killing the other people. In truth, that’s simply they have no purpose in life and say: if I kill other beings I deem important before death, I have fulfilled my purpose and done something with my life. Don’t worry if you didn’t pick that one up in the game, because you probably can’t get allusions or in-depth thoughts in games or anime because you are simply just spewing shit. Well, if you didn’t get that in anime then there wouldn’t be much of a point to anime, except for that mainstream shit that has no true meaning or theme. And yes, I mean allusions like how Stone Tower Temple is oddly shaped referencing a Zelda “Tower of Babel.” It is interesting how crazy developers can be. But I’m wasting my time. You probably will just say more shit and either delude yourself further that you’re wrong or simply just shut up. Unless you’ll take the path which there’s a bit under 5% chance you’ll do where you’ll come to your senses or analyze my underdeveloped quick lecture and find a couple problems, but that’s very unlikely you’ll actually pay attention to what you say. Time will tell though. But since I brought it up you’ll probably ruin my calculations with rash emotions. So unless you’re actually going to take the damn time to think, don’t even waste time typing, because once I see some pitiful logical fallacy, you’ll have proved yourself as one that didn’t even finish high school and aren’t worth the time.

92. Lowk, puncher of faces January 5, 2013 at 11:00 pm -      #292

So. Many. Words.
    i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/392/685/a9c.png
    @theduckguy
    Link won already…. or is this incase of like a rematch or something?

93. Yuvraajh Prince of Darkness May 13, 2013 at 5:29 am -      #293

IM A BIG FAN OF LINK HES A LITTLE GUY WITH A LOT OF COURAGE AND A SKILL LEVEL THAT MOST BIG BRUTES WOULD NEVER IMAGINE HE COULD HAVE SO IMA GNA SAY LINK WINS A HARD FOUGHT BATTLE WITH OR WITHOUT ALL HIS SKILLS AND WEAPONS.

94. Jedah Dohma May 13, 2013 at 5:50 am -      #294

TYPING IN ALL CAPS STRIPS YOU OF YOUR ABILITY TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY ON THIS SITE
    Stop bumping threads

95. TheSorrow May 13, 2013 at 8:50 am -      #295

Jesus, I don’t know why anyone would think peoplr would read posts like TheDuckGuy’s. The vast majority of people who saw it, probably never took the time to actually read past the first paragraph.
    It’s the perfect example as to why you shouldn’t make huge posts, attempting address everything that can be addressed. It just looks sloppy. Despite your intentions.
    And yes, I do realize the post is over 4 months old.

96. Aelfinn July 3, 2013 at 9:58 pm -      #296

This is the first match that didn’t have Master Chief in it. Gaze upon it, and know.

97. CMNiall August 2, 2013 at 10:15 am -      #297

Just a couple of things. First, I do believe it’s time for a rematch, unless Link has recently obtained the ability to recover from having his soul ripped out, which would make him unconditionally, irreversibly dead. and GoW is a LoZ clone? aside from taking place before gunpowder the games have nothing in common, GoW is a spectacle fighter which focuses mainly on pulling of insane combos and skill based fighting whereas LoZ focuses on solving puzzles and trying to be clever.

Leave A Response

You must be logged in to post a comment.