Master Chief vs Solid Snake

Master Chief versus Solid Snake

Another post suggestion. I played Metal Gear 2 for NES and thought it was a decent game. Never thought too much of it and then I kept on seeing more coverage about the upcoming Metal Gear 4, and with a great fanbase, I think this makes for a great vs battle.

So, here goes:

Master Chief:

• Various weapon skills
  • Regenerating Shields
  • Multiple Vehicle selection
  • Lone Wolf Mentality
  • Super Cool Armor

Solid Snake:

• Excellent hand to hand combat skills
  • Weapon Mastery
  • Communication Expert
  • Stealth
  • Quick thinking

So, to celebrate Halo 3’s release and Guns of the Patriots upcoming release, who comes out on top in a one-vs-one battle?

Related Posts:

Read before commenting! We welcome constructive comments and allow any that meet our common sense criteria. This means being respectful and polite to others. It means providing helpful information that contributes to a story or discussion. It means leaving links only that substantially add further to a discussion.

Comments being disrespectful to others or otherwise violating what we believe are common sense standards of discussion can lead to the banhammer getting used. You can read more about our comments policy here.

1,854 Comments on "Master Chief vs Solid Snake"

1. SgCombine March 27, 2012 at 10:31 pm -      #1701

@TheSorrow

“I believe they mentioned making Chief into the combination of a fighter jet and a heavy tank.”

They were talking about how it felt to control him ingame for Halo 4, supposedly a lot more realistic then the weightless Chief in previous Halos. In Halo 4 they say you actually feel like you weigh half a ton, but also fast and powerful. *shrugs* Guess we’ll wait and see.

2. Turtle Commando March 27, 2012 at 10:32 pm -      #1702

Yeah, no need to make it even more complicated futher down the road huh?

3. the_man_with The_Answers March 27, 2012 at 10:32 pm -      #1703

“When they say jet do you think they meant the jet pack?”

No, they said fighter jet. But like Lowk said, it probably just means significantly more agile/powerful/stronger.

4. Commander Cross March 27, 2012 at 10:33 pm -      #1704

@Combine

They better make sure it works to such an extent you feel like you’re playing a Super-Soldier even in the most Hardest difficulty, agreed?

5. the_man_with The_Answers March 27, 2012 at 10:35 pm -      #1705

Chi3f w1ll b0mb $nake fro/\/\ orbi+ wit h1$ MAC CANON!!!1!!!!!!!

Yes, I know, Magnetic Acceleration Cannon Canon.

6. TheSorrow March 27, 2012 at 10:36 pm -      #1706

“No Sorrow, its specifically said to be thruster packs, useful mainly in low/0 g environments, and possibly used to give a boost when jumping in normal gravity. It is not a jet pack like the ones in Halo: Reach.”

Gotcha so it would be similar to Dead Space’s RIG suit.

7. Soldier's Shadow March 27, 2012 at 10:37 pm -      #1707

“Chi3f w1ll b0mb $nake fro/\/\ orbi+ wit h1$ MAC CANON!!!1!!!!!!!”

===

Best mock Halotard comment on the thread. /thumbsup

8. OMEGAMI March 27, 2012 at 10:39 pm -      #1708

Yes I know they give it to him, but see this are the things I don’t agree, like I said I like to ad real life situations, For example I don’t agree that Snake is capable of pulling all the weapons seen in MGS 4 while MC has being limited to RL with just a loud out of 2 weapons, and still I don’t go by this.
    I also can’t honestly debate with MC, his visor is just to limited to be true, ODST have shown better visors compared to Spartans, I hope they change and make MC more high tech like the 26th century should be and specially when we are talking about someone as important as him.
    An as for the equipment, who stores Snake’s weapons, he can’t have them stored all on him, so I don’t agree with this, if he is caring the Rail Gun the give him an M4 side arm some flash and grenades and maybe 2 C4s, but the hole arsenal while MC is limited to standard military combat weapons. Kinda unfair.
    And If Snake can pick his equipment and weapons, then I say MC should have the opportunity to take the amount of weapons the game and RL should allow him to carry, And a SpartanLaser should be a trademark Spartan weapon and all should have them (Don’t know just saying), so you all say standard equipment? It’s what MC starts with in all the levels, he has no standard equipment, just a standard loud out depending on the mission, In Halo1 wish I currently have on my computer, hes equipment set up was a sniper rifle in a stealth mission, and in a flood battle he made shore to bring a shotgun as a standard weapon for that mission as well, in Halo 3 we also have a mission where we use the SpartanLaser for the first time, he was given that weapon at the beginning of the mission.
    Goes to show that MC uses whatever weapon he can get his hands on the UNSC arsenal, and he also picks up weapons to his liking and also as he needs them, also showing he fights with whatever he can get his hands on, so the simple pistol and assault rifle shouldn’t be considered as his trademark standard equipment as we can see him variate threw out the games.
    Its either people haven’t known of it this way or they just wan’t to limit Chief to this weapons and give the other opponent a time for preparation.
    A bad debating start, I don’t care who wins, either Snake or MC, I’m into MC side because I think he wins more rounds over Snake and is an overall better soldier.

9. TheSorrow March 27, 2012 at 10:41 pm -      #1709

Hammerspace is canon in MGS. It’s like with Dante and his weapons. They come out of nowhere.

10. Dr. Lowk McNinja March 27, 2012 at 10:43 pm -      #1710

“Yes, I know, Magnetic Acceleration Cannon Canon.”

lol
    ===
    Anyway Halo 4 probably going to play somewhat like How Crysis did with the super soldier abilities. Except without the different mode switching.

11. Turtle Commando March 27, 2012 at 10:44 pm -      #1711

Trust us bro, it wrecks the balance in matches like this. But, if they can do it they can do it.

12. OMEGAMI March 27, 2012 at 11:10 pm -      #1712

DMC is pure magic, Metroid is advance technology, God of War is also magic, get it?
    We are giving snake unrealistic feats that brake the law of nature, we are giving him an entire arsenal against a guy who plays by the real life rules and only carry 2 weapons wish he can clearly carry more ( side arm plus 2 weapons at least).
    We are Granting Snake orbital weaponry, long range sniping, mine and trap explosives, explosive weapons such as rocket launchers and stinger missiles and the best part is he can pull the out from everywhere, while we are limiting MC with only and assault rifle and a pistol (a gear can carry more than that, MC has shown handle other weapons, just because the UNSC have to save ammo and determine his loud out every mission doesn’t mean it’s what he gets), come on guys, we are giving snake long range, explosive, traps and even high-tech Laser weaponry and MC only gets a couple of bullets. So now you see why he can only win in CQC if his lucky to get close.
    Standard equipment rule?, there are two rules here, one that gives somebody the option to maintain all the equipment he holds through the series or games while the other is “Standard equipment”, this is what is happening to MC.
    Give Snake an M4 and his regular Pistol plus 2 frag grenades like the game dose with MC and no stealth cloak, just his Octocamo skill and you can see how even the fight turns out to be, shows how wrong was this “standard equipment” rule is limiting MC from performing his true skills against snake, obviously the better armed soldier has more chances of whining.
    Now to end this comment lets think of an example, Imagine a soldier with a bullet proof vest and a 9mm handgun and an assault rifle + he is skilled in CQC and will win if he gets to a fight, he is going up against a guy with an assault rifle and a sniper rifle and they start far away from each other + this guy has camouflage of the terrain (a forest by the way), and the battlefield if field with mines and traps.
    There you go, that’s MC’s position in most fights where the “Standard equipment” rule applies to him.
    (Besides those standard weapons suck)

13. TheSorrow March 27, 2012 at 11:14 pm -      #1713

You keep bringing up things we have already been over several times. You’re like a year behind.

14. TheSorrow March 27, 2012 at 11:16 pm -      #1714

15. Chuck inglish March 27, 2012 at 11:27 pm -      #1715

“Current incarnation allows Snake to have all weapons he carries. He owns every single one of them.”
    ===
    So why can’t Dante get his weapons

16. TheSorrow March 27, 2012 at 11:29 pm -      #1716

“So why can’t Dante get his weapons”

Gotta be more specific than that, he has a lot of weapons.

17. Proto-Mind March 27, 2012 at 11:30 pm -      #1717

@OMEGAMI:
    “So if any of you still wish for a rematch so Snake can win, then lets do it after Halo 4′s release, because if you do it before and lets say Snake wins, then we will be expecting a rematch do to in Halo’s favor do to the new Chief incarnation.”

You know, that does sound reasonable. Still, I found the date was going to be in December 2012, so by that time the world will have ended, and there won’t be anymore debating. ;) I kid, I kid. It’s still quite a long way to go, though. I do see your point, though.

18. OMEGAMI March 27, 2012 at 11:36 pm -      #1718

Lol, I’m imagining MC at the end of a mission, when his asked to return his rifle, his like “But this is my gun” and the marines like “not again, now hand it over” MC”No, I don’t wanna”, lol.
    And yes I am a year late, I signed in like 2 weeks ago, and being reading on this site for 3 months before signing in.
    But, It’s not fair that somebody can give Snake a sniper rifle and rocket launchers by that giving him many alternatives do to tactics. But what bothers me the most is that Snake can pull the out of thin air while MC is limited to his game mechanics, so are we using real life physics or game mechanics.
    I say if Snake uses the Rail Gun from Crying Wolf then MC should get something closely equivalent and that would be SpartanLaser, if Snake get’s something like an explosive weapon such as a Rocket Launcher then MC gets a hos equivalent of it, and you know, it evens things up, so that no one would have an unfair advantage.
    And it’s fair, if both have Snipers then the winner would be determine by the sniper rifle’s specs and the wielders sniping skills, handgun who is a better marksman and quick-draw, CQC who is the best fighter do to physical conditions and training etc….
    See, isn’t it better?

19. TheSorrow March 27, 2012 at 11:40 pm -      #1719

I’m using every advantage that’s being given to us. If the match description had given Snake a limited load out I would be obligated to debate within those limits, but that’s not the case here.

20. Proto-Mind March 27, 2012 at 11:40 pm -      #1720

@OMEGAMI:
    I don’t understand it, either. I would permit both characters to have everything they acquired, unless it permits some outside source to use it. For example, in Metroid Prime, Samus cannot use the Phazon Beam unless she steps into a pool of Phazon. Therefore, she wouldn’t be granted that weapon.

I’d say strength, speed, durability, and reaction time all go to Master Chief, but it appears Snake has some tricks up his sleeve, and that camo of his grants him invisibility to thermal imaging, similar to the way Batman’s upgrade in Arkham City does.

I personally wouldn’t mind seeing a rematch, but it would require that both sides take these arguments objectively. Sometimes people take these things too seriously instead of having fun, and thus they lose their focus. Then it turns to people insulting each other. (This is why I am working on a blog for video game characters battling each other and throwing in the evidence to support my case.)

21. TheSorrow March 27, 2012 at 11:43 pm -      #1721

22. Proto-Mind March 27, 2012 at 11:49 pm -      #1722

@TheSorrow:
    “If there was a rematch, then chances are OMEGAMI would have his way. This match was made pretty early on in Factpile’s history. Long before the rules were even made I believe.”

Well, I saw some of the arguments quite some time ago. I can’t remember when, but when I was reading about what Snake could do to win, I found myself inclined to agree. It’s still strange Snake wasn’t given the FP award before this new rule that prevented taking the award away was in effect.

23. TheSorrow March 27, 2012 at 11:52 pm -      #1723

I think the rule was set in place a little while before people started to make a good counter-argument. I could be wrong though. It has been awhile.

24. OMEGAMI March 28, 2012 at 12:03 am -      #1724

Neither is the case for MC, I see FP matches where a loud out was given for him, hell even some matches say Standard equipment but this one doesn’t even say no specific restriction to what weapons he is aloud to choose, as for snake, it’s reasonable that he only carry his M4 and a Pistol because all his cut scenes show them, but we can see him in a cut scene using his rail gun so that means he does bring that one with him as standard equipment once he obtains it first of course, but I never seen him using the grenade launcher from Raging Raven, so we can’t say he canonically brings it with him due to cut scenes not showing it.
    Same goes with chief, we see him use those weapons in cut scenes and it looks like his standard equipment but he also was shown entering battlefields in cut scenes with different weapons such as Sniper rifles.
    Look at this, he starts this mission, you know that all equipment after every level is rebooted to what people state as back to standard, see at 2:00
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT4C2H_EQTM&feature=related
    You can see him with a sniper rifle and that short burst assault rifle.
    Look at 0:40, what does he grab there?
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNNPwXbnzto&feature=related
    I don’t think that’s his weapon of choice for every level, or am I wrong?
    I’m just stating that applying the standard equipment rule to MC while his loud out hasn’t being specified by description puts him in a bad disadvantage in a fight where the other side can choose their equipment to counter his weapons.
    Its like giving you a stick while the other knows what you have and can choose a better set to counter yours (but here that other person can make any weapon appear out of thin air).

25. Dr. Lowk McNinja March 28, 2012 at 12:04 am -      #1725

” against a guy who plays by the real life rules and only carry 2 weapons wish he can clearly carry more ( side arm plus 2 weapons at least).”

I believe man has at one point shown he can carry a bit more. But Admin gave Chief a standard equipment set in one match and Factpile has been using that ever since…. not sure why sniper rifle wasn’t ever included. Anyone know?

26. TheSorrow March 28, 2012 at 12:12 am -      #1726

@Lowk

No clue, he probably didn’t have it in mind.

27. OMEGAMI March 28, 2012 at 12:46 am -      #1727

Because it hasn’t come to a conclusion of what he can show up with.
    It’s like saying MC vs an F-22 fighter Jet.
    Description:
    The fighter starts 5 miles away from chief and is to fly pass him, it can fire air to ground missiles and use machine gun if necessarily and chief must take it down in order to win.
    Who wins?
    If no Equipment is shown then all he get is his standard wish is said to be an Assault Rifle and a Pistol.
    Clearly he can take it down with a Spartanlaser do to his precision and the Spartanlaser’s light-speed laser, but he looses because he has not shown using that weapon, am I right? No,because he has.
    If his equipment has not being described than he can spawn into battle with the weapon he chooses.
    So if no description then people can make of any weapon for him to carry.
    Like in this match, both don’t have any stated equipment so it’s safe to give them something.
    So, you see, it’s some specific fight like this one where both snake and chief must have a specified equipment before combat, or else MC gets standard while Snake can warp and carry any weapon he likes.
    The rule Admin made is fine by me, but those are fights where his standard equipment is fine and not too overpowered so it’s fair (so people can’t say “spartanlaser for the win”), MC’s powers also vary depending on how we manipulate his equipment, he can’t take out a Metal Gear with standard but if you give him a Spartanlaser he has a chance.
    But in this match he won because people where giving him weapons that are no in his standard equipment as the standard equipment ruel admin made was after this battle was won right?
    So if people say, snake uses RG, then they lay the SL card on it, Snake uses mines and C4 then MC uses EMP powers, MC uses Cloak, MC uses flamethrower, MC uses sniper rifle, BS.
    MC can’t carry a counter for every of snake’s weapons because his load out isn’t even that big, and threw out this is how MC won the FP award (fans just threw in all his weapons for every situation).
    So to make it fair, this does require a rematch but with a specified equipment for both of them, different scenarios.
    Sniping
    mid-range combat
    stealth
    etc….

28. OMEGAMI March 28, 2012 at 1:01 am -      #1728

29. Dr. Lowk McNinja March 28, 2012 at 2:00 am -      #1729

“Looky here, he starts with a covenant carbine and a shotgun, also shows that he gets what he can get his hands on. see at 0:30 at 0:50 the carbine and the shotgun is on secondary.”

Covie tech is more of a weapon of opportunity deal. He does normally keep them. I think what standard equipment for Chief is actually UNSC weapons and equipment.

30. OMEGAMI March 28, 2012 at 2:25 am -      #1730

Yes, what I want to demonstrate is that he has the UNSC to keep track of his arsenal, his not like those guys that can magically pouch their weapons like Kratos or Dante, he takes with him as much as he can carry, and still you get to carry more then just 2 weapons.
    I think Halo4 will fix some of this problems, you know like make him more versatile when it comes to equipment and new types of items.
    It’s fine by me for a Rematch, but as long as both characters are given a fair judge of equipment.
    Chief won the first one because he had no limit equipment and now that the standard equipment rule has being applied then that’s when it calls for a rematch !?
    No, he doesn’t deserve this award if he won like that, so I give the green light for a Rematch as long as both have an equal equipment with no distance advantage over the other.

31. OMEGAMI March 28, 2012 at 2:31 am -      #1731

Yes Lowk, while Arbi is the one who has access to covie tech as standard equipment.
    Chief is more of a non standard equipment guy, he basically picks anything he finds useful, you see him go in with an assault rifle and then you see him come back with a plasma rifle, he just picks anything up, also hence the game in this aspect.

32. Lightning March 28, 2012 at 3:09 am -      #1732

I do believe in HTH, Chief wins. The others… Meh.

33. the_man_with The_Answers March 28, 2012 at 6:39 pm -      #1733

“I do believe in HTH, Chief wins. The others… Meh.”

Generally in a direct fight, Master Chief would win. It would be fairly easy to aim-dodge a railgun with a charge time, and none of Snakes other weapons can really punch through Chief’s shields (well besides the Javelin, but in a direct fight, that’s just about as useless as the railgun). The problem here is that Snake is one stealthy SOB. He isn’t going to enter a direct fight, that’s not his style. He will lay traps and wait for a chance to hit the walking tank with his AT railgun.

Not disrespecting Admin or anything, but that loadout is pretty pathetic for Chief. All it basically takes into account is game mechanics. I posted a more comprehensive equipment list that SPARTANs can easily carry, are often seen with, and actually takes canon into account. People keep saying “The MA5C is MC’s default rifle because that’s what he had in number 3.” They are looking at this with no context what-so-ever. Those were the rifles on-hand at that time. The truth is that the MA2B, MA5B, and MA5C are all in-service weapons in the UNSC. Chief’s weapon of choice when he gets to armories or preps before missions has been the MA2B. Hell, he normally slaps a silencer on it.

Unless of course SPARTANs are all weak retards that walk into a battle carrying nothing but an assault rifle and a pistol and 2 grenades, despite having 8 available grenade spots, enough storage capacity to carry 4 weapons, and enough strength to lift 200kg easily with one arm.

Is it possible to vote my loadout in?

34. Whatthecell March 28, 2012 at 6:47 pm -      #1734

35. the_man_with The_Answers March 28, 2012 at 6:57 pm -      #1735

“There’s no reason to even debate this now because FP awards are apparently final and will not be changed under any circumstances, even if the award was completely unjustified and puts a dent in this site’s reputation (like some other matches I’ve seen).”

Instead of Halo fans saying that the award should stay and Snake fans saying that is unjustified, it will be Snake fans saying the award should stay and Halo fans saying that the award is unjustified.

Do we really need to create this mess all over again? I mean, Chief already has a chance to win (sort of) in this match, so the award is not totally unjustified, just not justified enough. I’d rather just wait until the majority of story additions to Chief are made. Halo 4 is less than a year out, so chaninging the award now may just become the most pointless thing to have ever happen. I mean, re-assigning a FPA is a huge deal, and if it were to happen, then Chief gets upgraded, you would have preformed one of the hardest things to do for no reason whatsoever.

Can’t we just agree that Snake wins as it stands right now?

36. OMEGAMI March 28, 2012 at 6:57 pm -      #1736

If it’s the magic load out (all weapons on the arsenal storage) then MC will get all the weapons he currently has in the UNSC arsenal, and if we go by RL arsenal then snake will only get the stated amount of weapons they can currently carry as a real life situation.(despite that someone can carry more than the other)

37. the_man_with The_Answers March 28, 2012 at 7:00 pm -      #1737

“If there is going to be a rematch then we have to decide what load out to use, shall we use the RL load out of a spartan or are we going to use magic load out seen from snake.
    So only two game mechanics here and the one chosen will be applied to the other opponent for fair load out.”

I’m assuming a rematch would be my loadout and “limited” hammerspace for Snake. If you are interested in my loadout for Chief, I’ll repost it for your viewing pleasure.

38. OMEGAMI March 28, 2012 at 7:04 pm -      #1738

Can’t we just agree that Snake wins as it stands right now?

If a MGS5 was made and snake got new and better feats than before, then this would be raging for a rematch and it’s fair because the losing side has rights for it do to update of the character.
    So all I got to say is.
    Can’t we just agree that MC keeps the win as it stands right now?

39. OMEGAMI March 28, 2012 at 7:06 pm -      #1739

Good, I would like to see it but you don’t have to bother yourself if we still don’t know about a rematch.
    For it to be possible then we must vote it on that POLL thingy.

40. the_man_with The_Answers March 28, 2012 at 7:13 pm -      #1740

“Problem is that what you just said hasn’t being proven, so it must be taken to debate.”

It HAS been proven. It isn’t our fault that you didn’t bother to read the previous 16 pages. The time HAS been taken, and it HAS been debated, and it HAS been proven that Snake will most likely win.
    I suggest reading the previous 16 pages before you try that complaint again.

“If you say snake wins this match and everybody on FP agrees with it, then their will be a rematch in Halo’s 4 favor still.”

There will be no rematch, the FPA, which is going to stay in Chief’s hands, will be fully justified (most likely) when Halo 4 comes out. People will probably come back, debate some more with the new info, then come to a conclusion. A whole new thread isn’t needed.

“Can’t we just agree that MC keeps the win as it stands right now?”

Yes, Chief can keep the award. It would be redundant to switch it so eagerly with Halo 4 coming so soon. As for who ACTUALLY wins AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW goes to Snake.

Here’s an idea:
    Chief gets to keep the award
    People agree that Snake actually wins.

So the Chief fans are happy with the award and the Snake fans are happy that everyone agrees that Snake actually wins (for now).

It’s called comprimise, something normally used to resolve issues like this.

41. the_man_with The_Answers March 28, 2012 at 7:15 pm -      #1741

My loadout for Chief:

“The most logical set up for Chief would be as follows:
    1 MA5C Assault Rifle (Actually, maybe the MA2B rifle. Besides Halo: CE and Halo 3, SPARTAN-IIs always chose the MA2B for their assault rifle)
    1 BR55 Battle Rifle (Depending on the situation, it could be exchanged for the Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, or Rocket Launcher)
    1 M7 Caseless SMG
    1 “Upsized” M6D Pistol (Upsized is the model of pistol made for SPARTANs)
    1 UNSC Combat Knife (SPARTANs have been shown to carry knives with them)
    4 Frag Grenades (Master Chief’s MJOLNIR Mark VI suit has a total of 8 grenade holding points, which I assume can also be used for other equipment aswell)
    1 LOTUS Anti-Tank Mine (SPARTANs are normally always equipped with some sort of explosive charge, whether it be LOTUS, a satchel of C-12 Explosive, or a tactical nuke)
    MJOLNIR Mark VI (Most current armor that Master Chief kindof even owns)
    Military Specialized UNSC “Dumb” AI (Since Chief’s suit is desigend specifically to operate with an AI, and “smart” AIs are considered more along the lines as characters, a “dumb” AI should be acceptable)”

And yes, I just quoted myself.

42. Whatthecell March 28, 2012 at 7:20 pm -      #1742

“It’s actually really pointless to try and change it now. Most likely, Chief is going to get a big boost from Halo 4, and if the FPA was switched before then, the whole situation will be reversed.”

The worst thing they could ever do is have Master Chief run around killing Forerunner warriors with his assault rifle, but don’t even go there. :)

The fact is, this is 343, who made Halo: Legends.

43. the_man_with The_Answers March 28, 2012 at 7:29 pm -      #1743

“The fact is, this is 343, who made Halo: Legends”

It wasn’t really 343 that ruined Legends, more like the Japanese and their “adaptations” and “artistic freedoms”

“Giving the Chief Forerunner tech would be one of the easiest ways to completely shit on Greg Bear’s canon. If they actually follow the canon the gameplay would be so different as to be unrecognizable (fly in orbit cutting streaks across continents). If they don’t feel like following canon (which is the most likely case), Forerunner tech may receive a significant nerf.”

Why are we assuming that Chief is getting Forerunner tech? He could be getting something far different that allows him to compete with whatever this new threat is. Everybody thinks “Halo 4? So Chief will be killing/fighting Forerunners?” I’m guessing he will be against something completely new, but it is clearly in 343’s motives to make Chief more powerful.

44. OMEGAMI March 28, 2012 at 7:31 pm -      #1744

People say Snake wins but that’s because people where taking the newly stated Standard equipment for chief, he won because at the beginning people where using all his known equipment so he was having hammerspace equipment and it was fare as snake was doing so, people have proven that with equal equipment, MC comes on top.
    When the standard equipment of just the MA5C and M6D Pistol and 2 frags was stated by admin to be his default equipment if it wasn’t stated otherwise, so people took advantage and thus why everybody thinks snake can take him now.
    Giving limits to MC load out in a fight where Snake has hammerspace, I guess I’ll have to direct this to Rule #9 if that’s the right one.

45. TheSorrow March 28, 2012 at 7:57 pm -      #1745

Well actually most of the people had a large biased opinion. Focusing far too much on MC’s enhancements rather than what Snake had at his disposal. Most of what MC has is pretty awful in terms of range compared to modern day weaponry.

46. TheSorrow March 28, 2012 at 8:00 pm -      #1746

Even if he did have all the weapons used in Halo 3 I would still say Snake had the overwhelming advantage.

47. Alpha or Omega March 28, 2012 at 8:00 pm -      #1747

“Most of what MC has is pretty awful in terms of range compared to modern day weaponry.”
    ^ This, You can blame Halo Reach for that.

48. TheSorrow March 28, 2012 at 8:04 pm -      #1748

Even before Halo: Reach came out the official ranges given were well below what you would expect from a story set 500 years in the future.

49. mrgendrons 2.0 March 28, 2012 at 8:05 pm -      #1749

—–
    :evil: JK

50. Alpha or Omega March 28, 2012 at 8:09 pm -      #1750

“so if enough ppl complain we can get a rematch without a new installment in the series?”
    If you suggest a rematch, perhaps.

51. the_man_with The_Answers March 28, 2012 at 8:09 pm -      #1751

Actually, the only terrible ranges are found in the assualt rifle, SMG, and machine gun. take those out of the equation and the UNSC has some decent weapons (modern level or superior). THough they aren’t quite what you’d expect 500 years from now (Except for some weapons like the Stanchion and SPARTAN Laser)

Actually, even the MA5 series is more like a futuristic AK-47.

52. TheSorrow March 28, 2012 at 8:18 pm -      #1752

53. OMEGAMI March 28, 2012 at 8:21 pm -      #1753

See, this is the debatable factor, this is what you wan’t to debate to?
    You know, even if Snake wins this, everybody who has voted for a rematch of current incarnation Snake and Chief will be forced to debate the rematch of Halo4 when it comes out, and if Snake loses that one, then it would have being a rematch in vain.
    But I’m starting to think Snake can take him 6 to 4 at least, but just to be sure then a rematch it is.
    So is it going to be a rematch, or are we just going to debate here.
    And we must establish a fair load out for both.
    Take the man with the answer’s load out example or one of my suggestions or fill free to state your own.

54. TheSorrow March 28, 2012 at 8:25 pm -      #1754

“Have in mind that if Snake wins, It will follow up with no doubt another rematch, but if he loses then their won’t be a need for a rematch with Halo4 (unless MC on 4 sucks).”

There has never been a re-rematch before.

55. Alpha or Omega March 28, 2012 at 8:27 pm -      #1755

Well, should we wait for Halo 4 to come and see what changes for equipment and armor?

56. OMEGAMI March 28, 2012 at 8:33 pm -      #1756

There has never been a re-rematch before.

Then this will be the first time.
    If snake got a MGS5 (I hope) then this will with no doubt have a rematch because of new incarnation, so it must be seen if MC still has what it takes to hold up the FP award for Halo and not let MGS take it.
    In another case, if MGS right now had the FP award over Halo, and Halo4 shows up then Snake must do the same.
    If no MGS sequel is registered then their is no need for a rematch.

57. the_man_with The_Answers March 28, 2012 at 8:35 pm -      #1757

“Don’t forget about the Rocket Launcher. For some reason they are unguided. With the exception of the Halo 2 version, but that only targets Vehicles for some reason.”

Yeah, in the games. In GoO, Tom and Lucy hit an Onyx sentinal flying 2km above them at full flight speeds (Linda also drilled 4 rounds into it.). Not to mention it is easily reloadable by a single soldier, has 2 rockets per reload, and seems to be fairly easy to use.

58. TheSorrow March 28, 2012 at 8:39 pm -      #1758

“But the reason a rematch is being asked for is because some think the FP award was handed unfairly, this is why you want a rematch, am I correct?”

It was poorly debated to say the least.

59. OMEGAMI March 28, 2012 at 9:24 pm -      #1759

Yes exactly, so this is out of my hands, if there will be a rematch, will it be done here? Load outs? Description? etc…
    I’m ready, it’s a green light in my case.

60. the_man_with The_Answers March 28, 2012 at 9:27 pm -      #1760

Go to the Topia and put it under Alternate Battles if you really want a rematch. I think it has already been done once there though.

61. OMEGAMI March 29, 2012 at 3:41 pm -      #1761

62. TheSorrow April 5, 2012 at 7:21 pm -      #1762

“I’m going with Chief, so that means I want him to win “if he can” so this result is fine by me, so why bother asking for a remake, but if I have to debate for him on a rematch then I would most gladly participate.”

Because as we have said numerous times the award was ill-gotten. Snake’s equipment easily overshadows Master Chief’s enhancements.

63. OMEGAMI April 13, 2012 at 9:41 pm -      #1763

No sneaking on the chief this time :(
    Sprinting is default.

64. StealthRanger April 13, 2012 at 9:45 pm -      #1764

Too bad nobody other than you is complaining about Dante’s victory in Dante vs Kratos then eh?

65. Alpha or Omega April 13, 2012 at 9:52 pm -      #1765

“Some resent information about HALO 4 came out, they say he has “Armor Vision” (allows him to see in X-ray mode) he can see through walls.
    No sneaking on the chief this time
    Sprinting is default.”
    Did they anything about super-sonic reactions or hyper-sonic reactions? If not, rail-gun by far distance one-hit knock-outs the Chief.

66. OMEGAMI April 13, 2012 at 9:57 pm -      #1766

Yeah whatever.

67. Alpha or Omega April 13, 2012 at 10:00 pm -      #1767

Hey, that’s how Chief won over Link, sniping Link from a sniping position.
    If Master Chief is allowed to snipe, so is Snake.

68. Soldier's Shadow April 13, 2012 at 10:01 pm -      #1768

“No sneaking on the chief this time :(”

===

Chief has 360 degree range of visions? Awesome.

69. OMEGAMI April 13, 2012 at 10:16 pm -      #1769

He also has a new armor.
    cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2012/02/a1ea32ab6680e2b6a1cc5bf910f5c327.jpg

70. Alpha or Omega April 13, 2012 at 10:20 pm -      #1770

“He also has a new armor.
    cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2012/02/a1ea32ab6680e2b6a1cc5bf910f5c327.jpg
    It has to be more resistant than the one before, that’s what all the sequels tend to do right?”
    It looks awesome, hopefully they won’t change it.
    If it is resilient to 10 Mega-joules, (IIRC) then yeah, he might win. When does Halo 4 come out? This summer? 2013?

71. Dr. Lowk McNinja April 13, 2012 at 10:28 pm -      #1771

“Yeah whatever.
    Now tell me one thing, what makes you think Snake will start in a sniping position already locked on to Chief?”

It does seem like people are going with the assumption he starts the match from long range, eyes on Chief, without having to have to have moved into position.
    Though I don’t recall if they went over that already.

I guess if there was some kind of battlefield given that would allow Snake to be able to just sit and wait as opposed to that open field arena thing that normally seems to be standard, I guess I could see snake doing it.

72. Commander Cross April 13, 2012 at 10:30 pm -      #1772

State the armor permitted to Chief for the sake of the rematch, alright?
    Snake deserves that much in terms of warnings, alright?

73. ZomBLT April 13, 2012 at 10:32 pm -      #1773

Is there a serious argument here for Master Chief?

Or can I go back to my slumber?

74. Commander Cross April 13, 2012 at 10:44 pm -      #1774

@Major ZomB

We’re making an argument for what armor Chief should be wearing for the re-match’s sake, that’s all.

75. OMEGAMI April 13, 2012 at 11:04 pm -      #1775

Current incarnation armor, I just stated that they have already made him a new armor for his soon to come new incarnation and I also stated a new ability the “X-Ray vision” allows him to see through walls, if that’s so then all he needs to do is look around in a 360 degree and if he sees a pile of walking bones then that’s Snake right there.
    So MC will have a clear vision of Snake as this new vision cancels out the obstacles in front of him and Snake.

76. Chuck inglish May 1, 2012 at 8:44 pm -      #1776

Shit tier list =snake

77. IamTaco May 3, 2012 at 7:43 am -      #1777

Seeing as master chief will be also getting a railgun in halo 4…

78. Lightning May 3, 2012 at 8:20 am -      #1778

“Seeing as master chief will be also getting a railgun in halo 4…”
    You serious? Mind providing a link? I need to see this now. Serious.

79. StealthRanger May 3, 2012 at 8:21 am -      #1779

I too would like to know if this railgun

80. IamTaco May 3, 2012 at 8:27 am -      #1780
  81. StealthRanger May 3, 2012 at 8:29 am -      #1781
  82. Lightning May 3, 2012 at 8:30 am -      #1782

I love you Taco. In a platonic way.

83. FactBehemoth May 3, 2012 at 8:37 am -      #1783

Railgun A 21st century weapon that has been rumored about it being made by The United States you know what let wiki answer you

A railgun is an electrically powered artillery gun that accelerates a conductive projectile along electromagnetic rails, using the same principles as the homopolar motor. Railguns use (two) sliding or rolling contacts[1] that permit a large electric current to pass through the projectile. This current interacts with the strong magnetic fields generated by the rails and this accelerates the projectile. Particular characteristics are the lack of propellant (only the projectile and the electrical energy to launch it are required), and the ability to launch projectiles much faster than firearms technology allows.
    Railguns have long existed as experimental technology. However, in recent years, they have become feasible military technology. For example, in the late 2000s, the U.S. Navy tested a railgun that accelerates a 3.2 kg (7 pound) projectile to approximately 2.4 kilometres per second (5,400 mph).[2] They gave the project the Latin motto “Velocitas Eradico,” which they translate as “speed I kill”. The motto is currently under debate in the railgun community and among latin scholars. [3]
    Apart from military applications, railguns have been proposed to launch spacecraft into orbit. However, unless the launching track was particularly long, and the acceleration required spread over a much longer time, such launches would necessarily be restricted to unmanned spacecraft.

84. IamTaco May 3, 2012 at 9:03 am -      #1784

‘I love you Taco. In a platonic way.’

Umm,thanks? Backs away slowly.

In all seriousness though this may actually allow master chief to you know *gasps* win some of his matches especially given how much halo usually overpowers their rail/gauss weaponry.Cough*mach 40*cough.

85. Lightning May 3, 2012 at 9:10 am -      #1785

^Lol, I still remember the super sniper from Contact Harvest.

86. Dr. Lowk McNinja May 3, 2012 at 9:10 am -      #1786

“www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/05/02/the-arsenal-of-halo-4.aspx”

And thus the Splazer was replaced. Seriously though this seem like one of those weapons op weapons Chief will only occasionally get.
    ===
    “In all seriousness though this may actually allow master chief to you know *gasps* win some of his matches”

Like Batman, Chief does actually have a win count. Or at least a “supposed/likely” win count.

87. FactBehemoth May 3, 2012 at 9:13 am -      #1787

Yow dr.Lowk are you guys mad at me or smething

88. Dr. Lowk McNinja May 3, 2012 at 9:19 am -      #1788

“Yow dr.Lowk are you guys mad at me or smething”

I didn’t say(type?) anything directed towards you….

89. Hermit May 3, 2012 at 9:40 am -      #1789

Guys, this match was over year ago, Solid Chief won, get over it.

90. OMEGAMI May 26, 2012 at 12:42 pm -      #1790

Well, will you look at that, Halo 4 has established a new weapon, a Rail Gun, similar to the gauss weapon mounted in the Warhog, and some still say Snake has weapon advantage, practically they have equal weapons (Halo has better weapons excluding standard rifles).
    I can still see the FP award to be fair in this case.

91. TheSorrow May 26, 2012 at 12:56 pm -      #1791

OMEGAMI we have already established which weapons Master Chief got a long time ago. Even if we did bother to give him the Rail Gun Snake still has the stealth advantage. Try again.

92. Iron Lowk May 26, 2012 at 1:18 pm -      #1792

“Snake still has the stealth advantage. ”

I think that depends on how far away they start from each other.

93. TheSorrow May 26, 2012 at 1:26 pm -      #1793

“I think that depends on how far away they start from each other.”

It would have to be a reasonable distance.

94. Soldier's Shadow May 26, 2012 at 2:39 pm -      #1794

ONEGAMI should also realize weapon advantage isn’t what decides this for Chief considering he doesn’t need a better weapon to kill Snake. It’s the fact that Snake has a strong enough weapon to pulp Chief while a strong stealth advantage.

===

This sorely needs an environment as Lowk implies with his prior post.

95. TheSorrow May 26, 2012 at 2:42 pm -      #1795

“This sorely needs an environment as Lowk implies with his prior post.”

Yes, yes it does.

96. Commander Cross May 26, 2012 at 3:56 pm -      #1796

So how do we go for that rematch ASAP?

97. TheSorrow May 26, 2012 at 4:15 pm -      #1797

Most of us are waiting for the release date of Halo 4. If we do get a rematch, the scenario will need to be much detailed. Possibly limiting both Master Chief and Snake to a few weapons that will level the playing field.

98. OMEGAMI May 27, 2012 at 11:58 am -      #1798

And MC more than capable and more experience than Snake in every way, the only thing that keeps people in Snake’s side is his stealth and rail gun snipe, wich is just disqualifying the fact that MC could find Snake before he gets into Sniping position, we know MC would win a shoot out and a CQC fight, that only leaves people in the assumption of Snake being able to enter in a good sniping position.
    Stealth won’t help Snake at all (may I recall that MC now has X-Ray vision that enable him to see through walls), Octocamo wont help and we are going up against a Spartan (enhanced Eye sight) so Octocamo is out of the game.
    And people still forget that MC, the better soldier that could parkour around the place faster than Snake could sprint, won’t be walking into open places, he could do the same as snake, he could find a sniping position (faster and more stealthy than Snake) and snipe him (but some of you will deny it because his UNSC load out does not include a sniper rifle (an assault rifle and a pistol, come on his a spartan he can carry five weapons at least)).

99. TheSorrow May 27, 2012 at 3:39 pm -      #1799

“His equipment was not established when this fight was made, and MC was shown to have the UNSC arsenal as his main equipment so if the load out for him is not established then we can give him a sniper rifle or a spartan laser if necessary.”

What use could a Spartan Laser have in this fight?

“And MC more than capable and more experience than Snake in every way, the only thing that keeps people in Snake’s side is his stealth and rail gun snipe”

He has more than just a rail gun to take out Master Chief.

“wich is just disqualifying the fact that MC could find Snake before he gets into Sniping position”

Which would just be an assumption.

“that only leaves people in the assumption of Snake being able to enter in a good sniping position.”

Again you are ignoring the other weapons Snake has at his disposal.

“Octocamo wont help and we are going up against a Spartan (enhanced Eye sight) so Octocamo is out of the game.”

“And people still forget that MC, the better soldier that could parkour around the place faster than Snake could sprint”

Wow… a super soldier being able to run fast. Who would have thought?

“won’t be walking into open places, he could do the same as snake, he could find a sniping position”

Most of the weapons UNSC has fails miserably after a certain range.

“(more stealthy than Snake)”

Hilarious.

“And then some will assume Snake has Hammerspace, Snake in gameplay and even in cutscene he couldn’t run that fast with a rail gun, he can’t just carry a rocket launcher, and M-4 and a rail gun that easy.”

Which he can, showing numerous times during cutscenes that he pulls weapons out of nowhere.

100. Iron Lowk May 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm -      #1800

“Bullshit, when was the last time Master Chief took out a well hidden camouflaged enemy?”

All I can think of is the camo elites.
    Isn’t enhanced vision, hearing, and that vision mode that highlights people standard for Spartans? Shouldn’t that help?

Leave A Response

You must be logged in to post a comment.